𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐊𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌

𝐊𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌. Sunlight streamed in through the windows, decorated by velvet curtains. Candles offered more light with the tiny flames dancing on their wicks. At the end of the Kings marvelous bed, on a couch decorated in satin, sat the King himself.

He was an old man, grey hair and a beard signaling the years he lived. Above his bed was a painting that one might marvel at for hours, streaked with gold and blue.

His son, the prince, Kit paced in front of him. The two bickered back and forth, both shooting back remarks at each other, while the doctor sat there. He had only come to check up on the King, not take part in an argument between two royals.

"You weren't ever the first fella to met a pretty girl." The King shook his head at his son.

"She wasn't a pretty girl! Well, she was a pretty girl, but there was so much more to her." Kit insisted, turning to face his father.

"How much more? You only met her once. How could you know anything about her?" The king said in disbelief. He was quite baffled by his son's sudden behavior.

When Kit had come in, the King knew something was different from the big smile plastered on his face, but he never expected a girl to be the reason why.

"You knew right away when you met Mother." Kit continued to pace, turning and giving his father a look that only told his father that he was right.

"That's different. Your mother was a princess!" The King reprimanded Kit.

"You would have loved her anyways." Kit said, rolling his eyes.

"I wouldn't have seen her because it would have been inappropriate." Kit's father waved his hands in the air and scoffed. "And my father would have told me what I'm telling you." The King continued.

Kit sighed, taking a seat next to his father.

"And I would have listened." The King scolded.

"No you wouldn't." Kit said, narrowing his eyes at the King. He knew he was right.

"Yes I would."

"No you wouldn't."

"I would."

"Wouldn't." A slight grin spread across the prince's face. He knew he was right.

"You're right." The King sighed. Kit's smile widened.

But his smile didn't last when he saw the look on the doctors face, a look of grief. Concern spread across his features and his smile was wiped off his face.

"How is he?" The doctor opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. There was a long pause, silence filling the room that once illuminated with joy. The King's gaze trailed off to look at the ground. He understood what it meant.