𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐄

𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐄. The golden buggy came to a short stop in front of them, Mr. Goose perched on a seat in the front. Fairy Godmother yelled something, but Bea's eyes were transfixed on her silver dress, brushing softly behind her.

Fairy Godmother got to the carriage before her. Mr. Lizard, one of the henchmen, opened the door to the golden carriage, a small, toothy smile on his face. Before grasping his hand, Bea turned to Fairy Godmother.

She struggled for the right words that could truly express the gratitude she felt. Only a thousand "thank you"s could be enough, and they didn't have enough time for that. Her words stumbled out quickly, trying to organize her disarrayed thoughts.

"I- I don't know how to thank you, for everything." Bea gushed, her words coming out in a jumble like her thoughts. Fairy Godmother smiled at her, her warm brown eyes twinkling.

"You can thank me by making all my work pay off, now go on, you'll be late!" Fairy Godmother laughed, then shooed Bea into the carriage. Bea gave her a rushed smile, than took Mr. Lizards outstretched hand.

She gathered her big dress in her hands, the pure white fabric that was as smooth as silk clutched in her fist, before laying one foot on the carriage step.

"Just a moment!" Fairy Godmother's silvery voice stopped her in her tracks. Bea looked at her with horror.

"What's wrong?" Bea's voice rang out, panic clear in her eyes.

"Oh, just those shoes. They're quite hideous, really." Fairy Godmother scoffed, before her tiny, doll face twisted into a frown of disapproval. "How can you even wear those? They looked wretchedly uncomfortable."

Bea's gaze trailed down to look at her foot that was hoisted onto the step of the carriage. Brown flats with dirt streaks staining them were tightened around her feet, a little too small.

"I'm sure no one will see them, and they're comfortable enough." Bea shrugged. Fairy Godmother gave her a look of clear judgement.

There was a pause. Fairy Godmother's gaze remained on the shoes, her eyes narrowed. Bea observed her, standing with one foot on the step, which was beginning to be an uncomfortable position. Bea found her legs starting to ache.

"I'm changing them." Fairy Godmother said, breaking the silence. Her face wore an innocent expression but her eyes bore into Bea's soul, as if challenging her.

Bea rolled her eyes at Fairy Godmother's blunt statement, but decided against arguing. She trusted Fairy Godmother.

She lifted her one foot off the step, taking off the rather small, brown flats. Her gaze remained on them, waiting for magic to envelope them.

"I'm rather good with shoes." Fairy Godmother smiled smugly. All of her smiles were contagious, as Bea found a small smile forming on her own lips too.

Fairy Godmother raised her wand, and with a quick jerk of her wrist and whisk of her wand, the magic began.

Bea quickly lifted up her skirt, revealing butterflies fluttering around her feet. Their wings brushed against her skin.

The butterflies left trails of magic behind them. The magic gathered, creating a little cloud that floated down, fading into the air. And the magic that floated down slowly formed into glass, creeping up her foot and fitting perfectly.

The butterflies rested on top of the sole of the glass slipper, flapping their wings before resting and crystallizing into gold. As the butterflies turned to gold, the rest of the glass slipper formed. The glass encased her feet, and Bea felt herself slowly rise onto two heel points.

The giddy sense of magic disappeared, and Bea examined the slipper on awe. She gasped as she caught sight of them.

Light bounced off the glass slipper at every angle, created a beautiful mosaic of light on the ground. As beautiful as they were, Bea was afraid of them breaking, just as she was of tearing the dress. An unpleasant reminder of Valina.

"They're made of glass?" Bea said, unsure. Fairy Godmother simply chuckled.

"Yes, and you'll find them really comfortable." Fairy Godmother said, giving her a wink.

"Oh, about Valina..." Bea trailed off, an memory of Valina ripping her dress still fresh in her mind. If Valina was to find out that Bea attended the ball, she would be outraged. She would have Bea off with her head.

"All taken care of." Fairy Godmother said while swishing her wand over Bea's head, glimmers of magic falling onto Bea. She flashed Bea a dainty smile.

Now that nothing was out of place, all that was left was to go to the ball. She wondered if Kit would be there. It was the first time in a long time that someone had caught her eye, one of the times where she wanted, longed, to see them again.

She took Mr. Lizard's gloved hand and stepped into the carriage. Gold surrounded her, a beautiful masterpiece playing on the carriage walls.

She sighed dreamily, looking out to other window into the forest. The carriage started up, and she heard the horse's whines as the wheels slowly started to turn.

She turned to look out the other window at Fairy Godmother, only to be startled when Fairy Godmother's tiny head popped up in the window.

"I almost forgot! Remember, the magic will only last so long. With the last echo of the last bell at the last stroke of midnight the spell will be broken, and all will return to as it was." Fairy Godmother held eye contact with Bea, communicating the urgency through her tone.

"Midnight?" Bea questioned.

"Mm-hmm, midnight." Fairy Godmother nodded, a small smile gracing her tiny features.

"That's plenty of time! Oh, thank you!" She beamed. Fairy Godmother's smile widened.

"Now off you go!" Fairy Godmother waved her hand in the air. As on cue, the horse's picked their feet off the ground and moved forward. Bea stuck her head out the window.

"Goodbye!" She yelled, hoping Fairy Godmother would hear her. She heard a faint "goodbye" in the background as she sat back down, smiling to herself.

As the carriage moved forward, the image of flashing colors, dancing, sky blue eyes that belonged to a certain someone, and chatter and laughter filled her mind. But instead of seeing it behind her lids, she would see it in front of her, a dream come true.