𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔

"𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔." He said.

Kit was right in front of her, looking into her eyes. His brown hair was ruffled from the wind, his coat soaked from the rain. He looked tired, but there was a brightness to his eyes. Happiness. In his hands was her shoe, the brown flat that was too tight on her feet.

She couldn't say anything. Water dripped down her face. She waited for the moment reality would set in, when he would look at her clothes and realize who she was. But it never came.

"Your Highness!" A shout sounded from afar. It sounded like the Grand Duke. Her eyes widened. He would surely recognize her as a servant, and knowing the Grand Duke and his strict loyalty to the kingdom that hes known for, he would make sure she was never with Kit.

"Please dont go." Kit must have saw the panic in her eyes.

She said nothing. The rain soaked her dress. Her hair had fallen out of its style, lying on her shoulders. She was also missing a shoe.

She looked behind her towards the last of the steps, the night stretching on. The white cat was still looking at her. She looked back at Kit.

Without a word she ran towards him. For a moment he looked desperate, but he allowed her to push past him. Then she grabbed his hand.

Kit and her ran to the secret garden, away from the Grand Duke and the curious spectators hoping to find why the King had ran off into the night. Their footsteps echoed through maze of green. She retraced her steps from the night, again with only one shoe. She didn't turn around to see Kit's expression, only feeling his hand in hers.

The Grand Duke's voice faded into the back ground as she pushed the door open to the garden and stepped forward. Kit closed the door behind them.

"My name's Bea." She said when she let go of Kit's hand. She couldn't see his reaction.

Bea walked forward with her back turned towards him. She could feel his presence, his eyes on her. She wanted to gain some distance away from him, listen to the words in her head that told her she lied about everything.

"The night of the ball, you asked me who I am. I'm not a princess." She scoffed.

"That doesn't matter." Kit's voice raised through the silence. Bea's eyes widened. She turned towards him, searching his eyes. They held no fear or disgust. They held truth.

"What if its not enough?" She said, voicing her fear she had all along. "In the fairytale books, you never see a prince with a-" She stopped.

"A servant."

Kit said nothing. She couldn't read the emotion in his eyes. The secret was out, revealed in the secret garden, when the rain was pouring and the two were soaked, when the Grand Duke and bystanders looking to get gossip were searching for them.

He didn't accept her, that must be it.

"I'm so sor-"

Kit pressed his lips to hers.