Chapter 2

~Sam~

I woke up and saw that my surroundings weren't familiar. The walls were gray and I was sleeping on a four poster bed. This looked like a hotel room. I looked down and saw that my clothes were different too. I was wearing a white t-shirt with black shorts. I sat up. At that moment the door opened and a guy walked in.

He was easily over six feet with dark hair and blue-green eyes. He was muscular but lean. I recognized him. I moved away from him just as he sat down at the edge of the bed.

''Is this how you treat your savior?" He smirked.

A thousand questions filled my brain. I opened my mouth to ask him but I closed it.

''Before you ask anything a maid changed your clothes and you were unconscious after being hit by my water needles so I brought you here. Your wound is almost healed and I'm a spy too just like you.'' He said and pulled up shirt to reveal the tattoo of The Organization on his chest. It was a snake which had its tail in its mouth.

I nodded. ''Okay well thank you.'' I said getting out of the bed.

''Wait. I'm Asher James. Call me Ash and you are?"

''I'm Samantha Johnson but call me Sam. Can you please show me the way out?"

He sighed and snapped his fingers. My clothes were immediately changed into a pair of jeans and a black shirt. I looked around myself and faced him. ''So your element is water huh?"

''Yeah and yours I'm guessing is air.''

I nodded. ''Correct guess.''

''Now could you please show me the way out?" He nodded and snapped his fingers. We were standing on the sidewalk of the street. Cars and buses huddled by and I noticed that we were standing in front of the RAW agency headquarters. We were just outside the protective barrier.

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it. ''You know what? I'm not gonna ask.'' I sighed.

He chuckled. ''I have to stay in India for a couple of days so maybe we could go for coffee sometime?" He asked.

I thought for a minute. His eyes seemed to glint in the sunlight which was so mesmerizing. I shook myself. ''Yeah sure.'' I said. He smiled and waved at me before disappearing.

I quickly ran my fingers through my hair and walked into the the protection barrier. Once inside the headquarters was a huge building with paths that lead to different entrances of the buildings. Few of the trainees jogged past me muttering 'good morning'. I just nodded and entered the building. The floor was made of marble and at the far end end of the room stood an elevator.

I went to the receptionist whose name was Happy Singh and I called him Paji. He had a turban on his head and was tall with a muscular built. ''Paji is baba there in his office?" I asked him.

He smiled. 'Yes. In fact he is waiting for you puttar.'' He replied. I nodded and went inside the elevator. I pressed the red button. A scanning device appeared from the wall. I placed my thumb on it. After scanning there was a green tick beside the words 'access allowed.'

''Hello Ms.Johnson. Which floor would you like to go?" Called a female voice.

''To Mr.Johnson's office please.'' I replied. The elevator shot upwards and after a moment it stopped.

''You have reached your floor. Have a pleasant day.'' Called the female voice again and the elevator doors opened revealing my father's office. I stepped forward and the elevator doors closed behind me. The walls were blue with tapestries depicting wars in different time zones. There was a desk with papers stacked on it and a telephone kept beside it. There was a table at the other end of the room where photos me and my mom were kept. There was a family photo on his desk which comprised of me, mom, dad and my four brothers. There was a window at the far end of the room which allowed sunlight to enter the room illuminating the the tapestries. My dad stood in front of the window with back on me. His hands were laced behind him.

''Hi baba.'' I said nervously.

''Where were you last night?" He asked without turning back.

I sighed. ''I got hit. I became unconscious and an agent from The Organization who happened to be there saved me and healed me. As soon as I gained consciousness I came here.'' I explained.

''Hmmm.'' He said with his back on me. ''How do you know that he was an American agent?"

''Well he had the tattoo of The Organization on his chest and it was real, not fake.'' I said quickly.

He finally turned to face me. My dad, Clint Johnson, was a tall man of about six feet with dirty blonde hair and gleaming blue eyes. Today he wore an impeccable blue suit which complimented his eyes very well.

He strode towards me and engulfed me in his embrace. I hugged him back.

He pulled his head back to face me. ''I'm glad you're okay.''

I sighed. ''You get afraid when I'm home late but you're not afraid to send me on dangerous missions?'' I said rolling my eyes.

He chuckled and sat down behind his desk. I sat down across him. ''So what is the status of the mission?" He asked.

''Ameer Zaeed is dead. I killed him and confirmed it.'' I replied.

''Very good. Give me the report by this afternoon.'' I knew he would say this so I had prepared a report in advance. Whatever I had written on it were the exact same things I had done. I waved my fingers over the desk and the report appeared.

''There you go baba.'' I said.

He smiled and shook his head. ''Fine. But I have a work for you. We have recruited some people. They will be going through the test so I want you to supervise it and shortlist them. After that prepare a report and hand it over by this six. It will start in ten minutes.'' He said and handed a clipboard and a stopwatch.

I nodded and pressed the button for the elevator. This was a private elevator and only the Johnson family can use it.

I stepped into the elevator and the doors closed. I repeated the same procedure as I had done before.

''Where would you like to go Ms.Johnson?" Called the female voice.

''To the test room please.'' I replied.

Hey everyone. Thanks for reading.

Baba means father in Bengali.

Paji mean big brother in Punjabi.

Puttar means child/dear in Punjabi.