Chapter 29

~Sam~

The night before the attack~

I sat in my room with the diary on my lap. I was reading my mom's diary again and again just to make sure I knew most of his tactics. Of course I knew he wasn't stupid enough to use the same old tactics but just so that I could have an idea and asses his moves a little more accurately. I heard the door open and close softly, but I didn't look up. "Hey Ash."

"Hi. What are you reading?"

"My mom's diary." I replied, without looking up.

"Again? You should take a break. Don't stress yourself. You may not be at your full energy tomorrow. Rest."

I blew out a breath and closed the book. I felt a finger under my chin and felt my face lift up to meet Ash's eyes. He kissed me softly. "Will you rest now?"

I forgot what we were talking about. I blinked a few times. "Yeah."

The day of the attack~

I straightened the bow tied around my neck and double-checked the weapons I had on me. I didn't have many though. I still had to load up but I had my favoudite weapons on. I had my pendant, heels and laser earrings. I loaded a Glock 19 and tucked it at the waist band of my skirt and pulled my shirt over it to conceal it. I also packed a few extra 9mm bullets, in case and strapped a throwing knife to my thigh, under my skirt. I had a new bracelet on. "Hey dad. Hey Ash." I said as they came in.

They stood on either side of me, loading up. My dad was dressed as a worker in the baggage counter and Ash as a steward. I took a longsword and handed it to dad. "Thank you." He said and took it.

"You searching for something, Ash?"

"Yeah, a gun..."

"Here." I handed him a Glock 17 with a few extra 9mm bullets.

"I'm done. I'll wait in the car." Dad kissed my cheek and left the room, leaving us alone.

I turned to say something to Ash when I felt his lips on mine. I forgot what I was going to say and kissed him back. The kiss turned into a passionate one. After we pulled away, he said. "Don't worry, I'll kiss you again but not so passionately." He said and winked. He left me there, gaping at his words.

As promised, Ash kissed me again before taking our positions. Ash was a steward who was positioned at the checking in point. I was an air-hostess. You know, how you see them walking around in the airport? Yup, that was me. Ro, Ra and Sammy were stationed at the security points along with other agents. We didn't know what form of attack it was going to be but lets hope he would be there. We all had microphones in our ears so that we could hear each other. Sid and Ashley were in charge of the cctv cameras. 

I kept a close eye on the people who entered and exited. I spotted Shruti walking. She looked nervous and looked around her as if to make sure no one was looking at her. Her long black hair was left open and her dark eyes had fear in them. This seemed suspicious. She had worn a long, overcoat and held it tightly around her. It was very unlike her. It was very hot outside and had a high tolerance for AC.  "Hey." I called and went to her. "Why didn't you come earlier? I have been calling but didn't answer. Is everything okay..."

"Get back." She whispered. 

"What?"

"Get back everyone." She shouted at the top of her lungs and threw away her overcoat to reveal she was bombed. After that everything was chaos. I was vaguely aware of people panicking and running helter-skelter. I heard shouts and gunshots in the air but that didn't seem to bother me. I hadn't even seen what time she had left. I was desperately trying to disactivate the bomb when I felt arms around me roughly pulling me away from her. She smiled at me one last time and raced out of the airport, trying to get away as far as possible. I tugged at the person who was holding me. I wanted to save her but I couldn't. I heard an explosion from outside, not faraway from the airport.

"No." I cried and fell to my knees.  After that everything was a blur. All I was aware of the grief and pain in my body but the air around me was filled with screams. My vision was turning blurred and white. I felt an aura of power surge through me and surround me. I directed it outward, wiping away evil that came in its way.

 I put my palms on the ground to steady my breathing and also to prevent myself from collapsing. But it wasn't over yet. I looked up to see that flame coming to get me, rapidly gaining speed.

I hope you guys liked the chapter. Please vote and comment. Until next time. Toodles.