Chapter 13

~Sam~

I stiffened as he suddenly kissed me. I relaxed after a while and kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. His arms around my waist tightened slamming my body against his. His lips were so soft. I pulled away. We both were panting.

"Time to swim." He said. I chuckled and nodded. He offered me his hand but at the last minute he removed it and ran towards the end of the cliff. He turned to me when he reached at the end of the cliff. He gave a little salute before jumping into the water.

I let out a breath and ran towards the end of the cliff and plunged into the water. The water surrounded me. I tried to swim upwards but someone pulled at my leg and before I knew it Ash's lips crashed into mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He created an air bubble around us. There was nothing in this world but us, only us.

We walked together hand in hand. After the swim was over I dried both of us and we changed into our origimal clothes. I didn't know that Ash had brought a picnic basket with him. We ate salami sandwiches and potato chips.

The wind was cool and tickled my exposed skin. Suddenly I felt my hair falling loose on my shoulders and I turned to see that Ash was grinning at me, holding my hair tie. "You look a lot better when you're hair is open." He said simply and stuffed it inside his pocket. I sighed and shook my head. Ash was full of surprises. I started walking away from him.

"Why do you have a strip of blonde hair?" He said catching up with me. I slowed my pace and intertwined our fingers.

"Well its a birth mark. I've had it ever since I was young."

"It looks sexy on you."

"Thanks." I said smiling at him. He smiled back and kissed my cheek. We continued walking together in silence hand in hand.

There was a roar of thunder overhead. I looked up to see that clouds were gathering. "God. It's going to start raining." I heard Ash say  beside me and he tried to pull me under a tree for cover but I resisted and signalled him to wait. Lightning crashed into the ground in front of me. Ash jumped back a little bit I didn't even blink.

I saw there was a note lying  on the spot where the lightning had struck. I bent forward to pick it up. I brushed off the soot and dust from it. I opened the note and saw that it was from dad.

I'm sorry honey. I know you're on a date but this is urgent. I know you're thinking why I chose you. I chose you because I trust you and you're very close to the place. There is a terrorists' safe house four miles to the north of our house. The agent's identity who was assigned there has been compromised. You have to extract him before they kill him and preferably kill all of them. We don't know how many of the were killed when they found out about our agent but I'm counting on you to bring him safe.

P.S: You can take Mr.James' help.

I sighed. Great. Another mission. But I had to admit. This was urgent. "Is that why you're house is in the woods?" Ash asked.

I turned to face him. "Not exactly. It's just to monitor the movements of various terrorists. Most of them choose this forest as their hideout because it's convenient." I sighed. "Anyway listen Ash I'm so sorry I..."