Chapter 22

~Sam~

"I don't trust you." I said bluntly on his face. His face dropped a little. My mind was screaming at me. Telling me not to trust him and escape but my heart told something else. I shut both of them out and crossed my arms.

"I want to know the reason now." I said stubbornly. "I won't sleep until and unless you tell me."

He sighed in defeat. "I doubt you will believe me."

"I can distinguish between truth and lies. Just tell me."

"Fine. But please don't interrupt me. Hamla is my dad. He threatened me that if I don't make you hate me and join him. He would destroy my country as well as kill you."

"Didn't he kill your mom?"

"Yeah well when she got to know that he was evil I was only five. She ran away with me and raised me in secret. Hamla found my mom after fourteen years and killed her for running away. Or aleast that's what he told me." He added looking sad.

His eyes showed the truth but there was more to it. "And?" I prompted.

"And I also accepted his offer so that I could keep an on him and try to kill him." He said looking at his hands. I know I had many reasons not to trust him but I somehow knew he was telling the truth. I didn't know why I felt like that. "You have Angel blood, don't you?" He said suddenly.

"How did you know?"

"While you were fighting those vampires, one of them had but you but he burned right after it. So that's how I got to know."

"Yeah well I got to know it right after we broke up." I said shrugging. There was silence. It was uncomfortable.

"Well get some sleep. I'll help you remove your hidden weapons." He said. I nodded and removed my thigh sheath and handed it to him. His hands reached around me to pluck the stick holding my hair. My hair came tumbling down my shoulders.

He brought his face closer to mine, but I placed one arm on his chest. "I still need time to forgive you."

"Yeah right. I'll bring you clothes." He said and walked out of the room leaving me alone. I quickly contacted Sid from my bracelet.

"Hello. Can you hear me?" I said over the bracelet.

"Yeah. Where are you Sam?" He sounded worried.

"I'm in Ash's house. I don't exactly know the location but try to trace me."

"Fine. I will. Are you okay?"

I heard footsteps. "I have to go. Over and out." I said and turned it off. Ash entered with folded clothes in his arm. He gave them to me.

I took them tentatively. "Whom were you talking to?" He asked quietly crossing his arms. I looked up at him, my heart in my throat. Shit! Had he heard everything I said. But wait, why did I feel guilty about It?

Because you trust him.

I do not.

Yes you do. You very well know that he did it for his country and for you. You know he is telling the truth. Why hesitate? Just tell him you love him.

Well I do love him.

"Well I don't know who's him but if you're dating a new guy then I'm not ready to hear about it since I still love you." He said with a sly grin on his face. Shit. I didn't realise I had said that out loud.

"Ummm well it's you." I said giving up.

"I get it. Why you don't wanna stay, I do get it. But think of this way. It's our duty right to defeat Hamla. Well we'll be doing that. I mean I think I know enough to defeat you. I can help you with this mission. But if you don't then he will know and we'll its going to take forever to catch him." I thought about what he said. He was right in a way.

I sighed in defeat. "Fine. I'll just inform Sid." He nodded and gestured at my bracelet. "Sid come in."

"Yes I can hear you. Tell me."

"Don't try to find me. I have an idea. Please trust me."

"But he's with Hamla." Sid protested softly.

"He's also standing right here." Ash said mimicking Sid' s tone.

"Huh?"

"I'll explain everything later. Don't try to find me." I said and took off my bracelet. I handed it to Ash. "Destroy it. He won't listen to me. He'll still try to find me." I said urgently. He had an amused look on his face.

"I will. Try the clothes." He reminded and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I tried on the clothes and miraculously they fit me. The white t-shirt and blue shorts looked good. I checked myself in the mirror and I somehow looked good.

I smiled at my reflection and went to the bathroom to scrub my hair and wash off my make up. I walked into the room to see Ash sitting on the bed looking at me. He smiled as I walked in. "Hey the clothes fit you."

"Yeah. Where did you get them?"

"Well they were my mom's."

"Wait. What...?

He chuckled and got up. He took my face in his hands and bent his head down such that our foreheads were touching.

Hey guys. I know it's a abrupt stop but there's more of it in the next chapter. Please vote and comment. Any suggestion please let me know.