A Reminiscence

After thinking about it for a while he decided to open up and share his deepest memories of the world he came from.

Samarjan - No , I am not married.

Aditi - But what's in your mind ? What took you so long ?

Samarjan - Just nothing , there are some things that give pain. It's a mixed feeling.

Aditi - Tell me , I am listening. We have a lot of time dear.

Samarjan - I don't know from where to start....

Aditi - Go for it.

Samarjan - I am a prince of Hastinapur like you know. And one day I was playing a musical instrument in our palace garden in a festival where the Royal families were invited from all over India.

 And one day I was playing a musical instrument in our palace garden in a festival where the Royal families were invited from all over India

And suddenly there came a beautiful girl who was mesmerized by my music. She approached me after my show was done. She asked me about the raga and music.

She was a musician and she could play almost all the musical instruments.

Her name was Ashwini. Her hair was straight , long and black. Her eyes were very attractive which portrayed some magic. Her complexion was not very fair but a dusky skin tone.

She wasn't very tall but anyone could get attracted towards her beauty. She had a talkative nature.

She followed me wherever I went. She  found ways to talk to me and was dedicated completely towards me. Anyone could know that she was in love with me.

But I was focused , filled with aggression. I never had any importance of love in my life. I had my ambitions and dreams which I had to fulfill.

And one day she confessed her love for me. And I got to know that she was in love with me since childhood when she saw me for the first time. She accepted me for whatever I was.

She was the princess who came from Magadh

She was the princess who came from Magadh. She heard about me from my sister as they were friends and went to the same Gurukul.

I knew that he was madly in love with me but I refused her and broke her heart. I said that I want to become the most important person in the Aryavrata. I shared my ambitions with her.

I had young blood running in my veins and I was filled with Ego. But this is what we are told to be like , when we are born.

I ignored her love and went for the war the next day. After a long time I won the war and I came back to my nation.

Aditi - What happened to Ashwini ?

Samarjan - She got married.

Aditi - Why did she marry someone else ?

Samarjan - When I was out for war , her father arranged a Swayamwar for her. She resisted but got punished. She was forced to marry the king of Gandharva.

The next day the news came from Gandharva that she took poison and lost her life. The king forced her and she didn't have any other way.

If I would be there , I would have saved her. I have taken so many lives but I couldn't save a single life.

Aditi - Did you love her ?

Samarjan - I loved her ( crying ) but I was a fool that I didn't realise my love. I feel like a criminal. I killed her.

Aditi - But you didn't do it intentionally.

Samarjan - But I am her culprit. She would have been there with me. So now I have decided that I will never marry anyone.

Aditi - Please don't decide anything that will make you regret later.

Samarjan - I can't find a way out of this.

Aditi - Just imagine Ashwini. What would she say ? Didn't she want you to get married ?

Samarjan - She really loved me and did everything to make me happy. For her my happiness was her priority.

Aditi - So don't hate yourself because she would never want you to be upset.

Samarjan - I still remember the first time I saw her. She wore a lovely smile on her face. But my heart was covered with aggression. I was heartless.

Aditi - Her memories would always be with you. Don't ever lose them.

Samarjan - That's my secret pain about which even my family doesn't know

Samarjan - That's my secret pain about which even my family doesn't know. For them my marriage was a deal between two nations.

That's what is happening in all the generations of our throne. Marriage is not meant for love but for their own benefits.

Aditi - We are lucky enough to decide our life partner ourselves. There are no restrictions on us.

Samarjan - What about you ? Did you ever have any boyfriend ?

Aditi - Well No , It's not a sad story like yours but I have my own problems. Many have confessed their love for me but I refused all of them.

I believe in my own strength and I don't need any support from a guy to achieve my dreams.

Samarjan - You sound like me. (Laughing)

Aditi - Even I feel like our thoughts are similar and maybe that's why we are best friends.

They saw the sunset quietly. And the environment which was filled with grief and pain was now filled with hope.

The sun appeared red like a ball and the birds were going back to their homes. The children were going back to their homes after playing so much.

And Aditi realised that it was time to go to their home as soon as possible. They went back to their home. But she had another plans for the next day.

Samarjan slept quickly as he had enjoyed whole day and was tired.

What is her plan for the next day ?
When will they get the appointment ?