Communion

Thomas

I woke up feeling groggy, even after sleeping for hours. The rapt of knuckles against the door was most likely the only thing that would have kept me from sleeping for another 8 hours.

I was wrapped tightly in Damian's arms, not exactly eager to get out of them. "What is it?" I called.

"Supper!" Jack answered.

I groaned and stood up, waking Damian in the process.

He let out a long winded 'ugh' and blinked open his eyes. I smiled at him and kissed his lips long and slow. His hands traveled up my sides against my skin.

"C'mon guys!" Jack called again.

I rolled my eyes in unison with Damian. I grabbed my clothes and pulled them on, looking breifly in the mirror.

"Oh mother of God, Damian!" I whispered in horror. My entire neck and chest was covered in blossoming bruises.

The corner of his lips lifted into a smirk. "Missed a spot," He said, going to kiss my neck.

I swatted him away, "What am I going to do about this!"

He looked around and pulled up my now dry alb, which covered the neck. "You could wear this?"

"That is for church and you know that... ugh great. Maybe I could wear a scarf or something?"

Damian shrugged, "I dunno babe, I don't have a spare scarf just lying around."

I looked closer at him, the same bruises covered his neck too. Did I do all of that? Really? What was I thinking?!

I touched his neck, "Youre not looking much better," I said softly.

"Yeah... you should see your ass," he teased, slapping right wear he whipped me like a child. The pain radiated through me like electricity.

"Oh... my... I'm not going to be able to sit Damian." I shuddered out.

He raised a brow, "Youre going to have to, its one thing to have hickeys, but straight up not sitting down looks really bad." He warned.

I looked back at the mirror. We were messes, lips swollen, covered in 'hickeys' or whatever Dame called them, hair rustled up, and to top it all off I couldn't stop blushing. Every time Damian looked at me the flashback of what he did took over my mind. I grimaced and pulled on the rest of my clothes.

Entering the dining hall was terrifying. We were late on top of looking like we just got into a fight with angered bears. All eyes trained on us like we were a bullseye of attention. I grimaced and pulled out my chair.

Damian sat down looking as smug as ever, winking at sister Marsha as he leaned over the table with both elbows. I looked at the seat. If I could deal with 15 belt lashes I could sit down on a bruise.

I sat down slowly, feeling every inch of the table. I immediately felt the rush of soreness, but my face stayed straight. I could handle this much.

Damian looked over at me with a smile, and all I could manage was a nod his direction. It was hard enough to not rock back and forth, much less smile while resisting it.

"Damian, Tom, nice of you to show up finally." Mother Katherine said with a glare.

"Sorry, Tom's clothes were still wet so we had to find a shirt for him." Damian lied, the words rolling off his tongue naturally. I wonder how often he lies.

She shot a look at me, one saying 'you need to handle him'. I nodded, pushing his elbows off the table.

"Damian, son, how was you trip to the city?" Father Noah asked.