Chapter 6

Salam Fam,
 I love oldie goldies. I grew up listening to them ,thanks to my Mamo and my Dad . Attached is the song "Ankhien Milanay Walay" by Nazia Hassan. You probably would have already heard it if you have seen Sana Safinaz 2019 lawn ad (LOL)

Haya really could not cook for a living. She just couldn't do the desi stuff , like rice , and curries and all and even rootis. Her mom usually use to shame her but her father always went with'Seekh lay ge. Parhnay do issay." (She will learn , let her study) . If only she had listened to her mother.  Haya could only do breakfast like eggs and sausage, pancakes. She could bake stuff, but cooking desi food was so not her thing. And right now, they had just about run out of cooked food, Tahira phupho had made for them.

After getting showered and preparing breakfast for Taimoor ,Haya set that on the table and waited for him to come down.

"Hey. Good Morning, I hope you slept well. " Taimoor said giving Haya a crooked smile. Haya couldn't get what he was implying since her dreams had always felt so real that she never could differentiate between the reality or the dream. She thought that he meant to inquire about her experience of sleeping in his bed which smelt like him which resulted in reddening of her checks. This was the first time he made he made her blush. Usually when she got red because of him , the cause was anger or frustration.

"Yeah I did. Thank you .Plus, I am not a light sleeper. So I slept through your snores", She replied with a bright smile of her own. Two could play this game.

"So umm as you know , I can't cook. Like I can't cook the normal meals . We need to find a cook." Haya told him. She had a sheepish expression on her face, her ears were red with embarrassment.

"Oh that , company is going to send one today. Can't reply on you for the meals. What if you try to poison me? Plus, we need someone to keep you company while I am away and late, " Taimoor said giving her a smile. He said the poison part just to rile her up, so she would miss how concerned he was about her well being. And she did miss it completely and focused all her energies on the poison part of his dialogue .

"Hey, I'd never poison you. I don't want people to call me husband killer and stuff. Seriously, Phupho loves you alot and you are like her only son. I won't do it to her and Aiman and Saman . And then there is Ferozey. What about poor Ferozey, who adores her Mamo(uncle) so much. I'd hate to see her cry, mourning you. Seriously, do you think I'd stoop so low to murder my own husband. Who might be a total ass ,just stating facts. No offence. which is not a solid reason to murder someone." She said as she looked at him who was intently looking at her with a smile which meant he wasn't offended so she continued, "and then go to jail and spend the rest of my life in the slimmy shitty cage with fellows even shittier than Salman. It's a little....... No, not little ,it's way too low on my 'DON'T DO IT' list ." Haya rambled. 

She was giving a-lot of extra information. She usually did it when she was worked up. Taimoor looked at her with a weird expression. "Glad to know that you think that way." He said and excused himself smiling at something.

Taimoor was getting used to verbose gushing. Actually, he was beginning to enjoy it. She hadn't rambled about anything since well since ages. The fact that she was rambling reflected that she was getting comfortable around him. It brought peace to his guilt-stricken heart. And when she looked at him with utter disbelief at the poison thing, her eyes wide opened with shock .He was just kidding, he wanted to tell her but before he could she stopped him. She had taken that comment  on  her heart and didn't allow him to speak as she began her whole my husband speech. 

"My own husband who is a total ass" had his heart swelling. Taimoor realized how much he had loved the pronoun of possession, coming from her when she was referring to him. She was never going to change. And for the first time ,he realized he didn't want her to change. He loved how she got all worked up and then gave that speech of hers as her hands floated in the air . She was like a little bundle of sunshine, illuminating his life, filling colors in his life which was black and white like his bedroom.