Chapter 7

Okay so umm first of all THANK YOU !!!! BlossomDove thank you for the vote. I am really thankful. SO , I dedicate this chapter to you. Attached above is the song "KHAMAJ" by Shafqat Amanat Ali. It's one of my favourites. Do watch the video, in the video it is kinda relatable all the jealousy part atleast. 

Taimoor wasn't bad at all. Nearly a month had passed with him in Islamabad and it was exceptionally better than she had expected it to be. Or maybe she was getting carried away. He was an ass sometimes but not 24/7 like she had expected him to be. They were becoming friends. And all these improvements were mainly because of him. Taimoor never asked her about her parents which was a sour topic or about that dreadful night.  All these things meant a lot to Haya.

On weekends , Taimoor and she would watch movie at home or go shopping. And while shopping or on an outing he would hold her hand the whole time as if she was a kid who'd disappear if he let go which sort of irritated her. For whenever she'd try to rush to the sweet corn cart she'd feel a hand pulling her back. He did get her sweet corns or whatever she wanted but the euphoria of impulsiveness was never there. And she hated being treated like a child. What was he? Her father !   At-least be a little honest ,Haya. You love it when he would intertwine his fingers with yours. Her heart told her. Yesss ,she did. She loved it when he would unconsciously hold her hand whenever they entered a crowded place like malls.

And all  the little things he did making sure that that he wasn't being too obvious, which included him pulling the chair out for her when they went out. He did that every single time, they went out but he always covered that up by saying  unpleasant things like, "Because you are so clumsy , you'd hurt yourself". One time he pulled a chair and then he went on to sit on the other one because 'the view from the pulled chair didn't seem good.' She found all that cute.

 And when he would turn the AC on low because she felt cold but would cover it up by saying something like "Who's gonna pay the bill?". He would help her with the shopping. The first time he had told her to get the black dress because it was his favorite color, Haya had raised her eyebrow in a 'who-asked-you?' expression . But truth be told her-indecisive-self loved every suggestion he gave. It was another thing that she pretended to get annoyed every single time for in her mind she just couldn't let him how much she appreciated his help .In her defense she did that because she thought, he would gloat or flex it about it.

 A month back when Bua had asked her to dress up for him , Haya had gotten anxious over the suggestion. She had actually stared at bua with that "Bua app ye kya keh rahi hain." (WHAT ARE YOU SAYING BUA?) look in her eyes. [NOTE: Imagine it's said like "MUMMYYY AP YEH KYA KEH RAHI HAIN", the way Mahira khan said in Humasafar] But these past few days , she tried to be as presentable as possible when he returned home and even took his choice and his approval into consideration while dressing up.

Taimoor loved it to let her wavy brown hair free. Sometimes, while Haya would be working in kitchen ,helping Bua Taimoor would just stroll to get a bottle for the fridge and pull the jhora(bun) stick out of her hair on his way back. Maybe he did it to piss her off. And it did piss her but at that instant only. After that she would just sit in her room and think about it with imaginary romantic music and slow motion. A smile on her face as her dreamy self went, "Kulain rehanay dije na . Acha lag rahay hain"( Let them free, they look good). And then heart bitchy alter ego would go "He is no Shahrukh khan, you are no Sushitma Sen and clearly this is no Main Hoon na. For fuk's sake , snap out of it."  and Haya would stroll back to reality. Maybe looking too much into the situation. Maybe she was not. Maybe he did like her hair, free ! Maybe is a word that kills the curious cat. And damn she was curious.