Chapter 13

(HAYA'S dress for barat

(HAYA'S dress for barat.Man don't we just love red. (I dont usually but sometimes , I do. )And this dress is just so MashALLLAHHH AND MAHIRA KHANNN UFFF UFFFF UFFFF !!!! I fell in love with it, the moment I saw it.
P.s it's by Umar Saed Couture and the picture is a still from song "Morey Saiyaan" by Zeb Bangash . Movie: Parey Hut love.)

The next morning , the wedding shenanigans were in the full swing. The guests were pouring. Especially Taimoor's paternal relatives. The distant ones were all surprised to find Taimoor's wife but Phupho handled the matter very well and gave her the kind smile evertime someone asked Haya about the rushed marriage.

Phupho is like Mama . Haya thought as she eyed her phupho who was busy getting the baskets of sweets ready. She had decided to call Phupho and Phupho Sahab, Ami and Abbu like Taimoor. They had welcomed her with open hearts. They treated her like their daughter , the least she could do was refer to them as Ami and Abu, she had thought. But what if Taimoor , looked too much into it was hindering her from acting on it.

Who cares if he does look to much into it ?You love him dummy . When he looks too much into it , he'll figure that out. If he hadn't until now since you are all smiles and blushing . Her alter mocked her.

"Phupho , don't worry I'll go to the parlor with Saman. Aiman Appa can handle her in-laws. " Haya offered.
"Aray saas ko Phupho nai bolte. Tahira kitni dhel de hai tum nay"(You shouldn't refer to your mother in law as Aunt . Tahira you have given her way too much freedom), Taimoor's Phupho Ami who was sitting on the table sipping her chai told her.

"Jee " ,Haya replied meekly. She was already planning to call Phupho, 'Ami' but Taimoor's Phupho just made things easier. Thank you Phupho Ami.

"Ami , main dekh leti hoon app pareshan na hoon. (Ami, I'll look into it . Don't worry.) " Haya comforted her and ended getting a kiss on her forehead in return. She felt blessed. Forehead kisses were comforting and just heartwarming.

"Beta , why don't you ask Taimoor to drop you and Saman to the parlor. He's in the study with Shahmeer."

Shahmeer is here.Haya thought as she gave her mother in law a bright smile. Haya wanted to inquire about her friend ,Mariyam. She havent talked to her since her wedding. After her wedding , she didn't want to disturb her. It would have been awkward if she disturbed them at the wrong time . She wanted Mariyam to get on terms with the marriage and after that the couple had went on the 'long' honeymoon.

God, thinking about the last night's conversation and the way of birds and the bees still burned her cheeks. She was not so ignorant about these matters. She had read novels, she had biology in 10th and 12th standard.  Even though her mother had not explained the work of nature, she knew enough. It was effing 21st century and Haya was no ignorant. And even if she were, she certainly didn't need some enlightenment from Taimoor. 

Humming a love song , Haya smiled her way to the study. Being in love does that to you. Your heart feels like singing, the colors seems attractive and brighter , you feel like dancing and you smile a lot more and a lot often.And almost at everyone .

In the study , Shahmeer sat on the camel-back beige sofa , looking as distressed as he could while Taimoor was pacing around the study like a desi mother , whose son wasn't home and its 12 already . "It is messed up." Shahmeer said looking up at his friend who was still pacing around the study.

"I know. I know. When I married her, I was just guilty for the bet. Or I thought I was. I and Salman placed on her. I felt guilty thinking that maybe that was the reason which drove Salman to the obsession that he couldn't take no. I was a kid okay. I didn't know it would turn out like this. HELL, I THOUGHT HE WOULD BE OVER THAT. But then after our nikkah, Salman handed me over a 1000 ruppe note telling me I won. I was shocked. Baffled. Appalled. But instead of punching his face to pulp I just sat there . LOST! I planned on telling her from the start. I wanted to tell her. But she was feeling betrayed by everyone. The look she had in her eyes when she said 'no one believes me Taimoor' tore me apart .And I wanted to be there for her. So, I with-held the truth. I didn't intend to fall for her. HELL, I thought I'd tell her, but I couldn't. She thought , I married her because I pitied her. It was guilt or maybe the fact that I have always loved her. She'd leave me if she finds out. And I don't want her to go. I love her, man. I love all those 'stay safes' , 'have a good day' , 'sleep well' messages she sends with a yellow heart emoji even when we are just a room apart. And she uses a yellow heart because she doesn't want me to think that she is in love with me. God, she sends everyone red hearts and I get the yellow one." Taimoor said frowning.