Chapter 17

Two days until her doom's day

Haya stared at the yellow walls of her room as she thought about her impending doom's day. She had insisted on painting the walls of her room yellow despite everyone's disapproval. Yellow is a happy color and it gives me positive energy, she had argued. But right now, the yellow fairy lights which were draped around the curtains nor the yellow walls were helping with her depressed state.

Her room which was her's once, felt strange. She shouldn't be missing Taimoor. In Islamabad they slept in separate rooms , and only shared when Haya felt scared. And in Lahore too , Taimoor usually took the couch or was sleeping in the study since last few days because he was avoiding her. Then why her room was feeling foreign to her and her heart felt udaas(sad)?

Her mother had kept everything in its place. The snow globe Mariyam had gotten her on the 18th birthday lied on the study table where she had placed it. Even the novels were arranged in the same order. Nothing was moved from its place. Her room was kept in perfect condition. Then why it felt different ?

Haya looked around the room staring at the things which she were once so dear to her. Until she had left them behind. She hadn't even thought about them until now. . Reasonably speaking it wasn't that she had left, she was forced to leave. The happy meal toys which she had gotten from MC Donalds lied on the floating shelf. She had loved collecting them. She still did. Back in Islamabad ,she had a similar shelf which had happy meal toys. And her Islamabad collection of the toys was slightly larger than her own's. Mainly because Taimoor , let her have his toys and because one Happy Meal was a little too less for him . Haya smiled as she remembered , how shocked she was when Taimoor had come back from office , with two paper bags which had 8 happy meal deals. Surprised, Haya had asked for whom it was, and he had shrugged his shoulders with a "US". They had given 4 to Bua and Ali, after Haya had sneaked away the toys saying, "What is Bua going to do with toys." It was a happy memory like a happy meal ! [UNPAID MC DONALD's promotion . Hey Mc Donald's dudes, if you are reading it and want to award me for the promotion feel free to send a happy meal . I prefer nuggets one. Thank you ❤]

A knock on the door interrupted her walk down the memory lane. Haya stared at the chocolate brown wooden door of her room which opened, and her mother came inside. Smiling at her mother , Haya patted for her to sit on the bed.

Few minutes later , Haya's head was in the lap on her mother who was patting her head and running fingers through her hair unconsciously while the mother daughter duo talked about Haya's stay in Islamabad. Lying in her mother's lap , she realized how much she had missed this.

"Haya meri jaan mujhe maaf kar do, mujhe tumhare abbu ko rokna chahiye tha." (Haya , my life! Forgive me . I should have stopped your father.)

"Mama it wasn't your fault. Ase maat bolain.(Don't say this.) Leave that. I am over it." And she truly was over that. Over the fact that her parents hadn't trusted her. Maybe she was being easy with her forgiveness. But they were her parents. And had always loved her. She couldn't hold that weak moment against them , forever.

"I am glad you are married to Taimoor." Her mother said as she smiled with pleasure.

"You are ? Kyun(Why) ? You always thought Taimoor's wife was going to be lucky and you always did blessed him. And I always said 'bari bechari ho ge woh'(She would be pity worthy). " Haya found herself asking, she really was interested in why her mother thought so high of Taimoor. She had always viewed him in a good light, unlike Haya. 

"Because he loves and respects you Haya."

The moment her mother had said that , she wanted to gag. If it was someone else , making that claim she would have said ,"Tumhara dimag tu nai kharab ho gaya." (Have you gone out of your mind.) but since it was her mother talking Haya kept quiet and silently gestured for her to explain.