Chapter 10

Salam fam !!!!
 The love you guys have been showing is so overwhelming. The comments and the votes, take my breath away...(And this is no CORONA symptoms )
(Attached is the song that I really love. It's 'Hawayein' by Arijit Singh . And a picture of the motorway M2 )

Haya was sitting in the passenger seat staring at the mountains. How her life was tipsy turvy like the road they were on . The road turned and twisted and zigzagged it way to the bottom. Just like her life. Everything was going smoothly and a lot better than her expectations. When everything crashed . Or was going to crash when they reached Lahore. 

Lahore ,which was her city . She used to argue with her university fellow's, telling them Lahore was the heart of Pakistan. Who would have thought that Haya , who adored her flamboyant city would dread going back to her city?

There are time , when everything is so smooth , like your life is so perfect that it feels like a dream. You are in the bundle of joy, where everything is getting good and all. Deep in your heart you fear what if it crumbles down and suddenly everything does crash down , falls to pieces. That was what had happened to Haya.

 Taimoor and Haya were beginning to understand each other. They argued less, talked more. In the span of those three months they have been married , Haya had become infatuated with Taimoor or so she thought. She had discovered the things she didn't know about him . Things that made her respect him. She even got on terms with him being vain and stubborn. God , she began justifying his narcissism by convincing herself that with a face like his , and that Alpha male personality one becomes vain and conceited. The fact, that he had climbed and worked hard to maintain the social status , instead of depending on his father was a cherry on top.

In those 3 months ,Haya discovered that he preferred to watch old movies Bollywood movies instead of the recent ones claiming that they had great story and dialogues , instead of being full of cheap innuendos . He even cried when Jai(a movie character) died in Sholay. Although he did pretend that he wasn't crying, and that it was something in his eye or whatever, but Haya knew he was and that was awfully cute of him.

 He loved Punajbi songs. Those "ishq tere tarpave" , "Suit suit kardo " types songs with catchy beats, which Haya hated in the beginning and then they grew on her, like Taimoor had.

Taimoor she knew was annoying . He lived to annoy her. He used to call her 'naïve', 'childish' ,'impulsive', 'irrational' and the list went on . And she was all of them and she hated being call all that. She could still remember how they used to argue about everything. But now instead of it being a sour topic, it made her smile. The realization of how far they had come made her smile , every time she thought about it.

Taimoor, she had been living with was organized (except for the mess of ties he left) , playful , generous ,thoughtful and most of all patient. Or maybe she was seeing him in a different light. She had too. In those three months  he never ever even tried to use his rights on her. He could have forced her on the day one, but he hadn't . He had been patient and most of all accommodating and understanding. 

Haya now considered his comebacks as him being playful or him exhibiting an extraordinary sense of humor. All her life Haya had pitied the women he was going to marry, who would have to bear his bossy, vain and conceited man. Once when her mother was praising Taimoor , Haya had laughed and said "Ami ek din main pagal kar day ga who ussay." (He'd drive her nuts, mother) . But now that she thought about it , it was the other way round . Haya was the one driving Taimoor nuts. Sometimes, when she thought about it , she really did feel bad for him. Because she was really indecisiveness and a fucking emotional mess , Taimoor had to bear. 

 Other times , she considered that they were like the missing puzzle pieces. She was the impulsive , irrational one , while he was sane and clear-headed one. She lacked patience and he was the embodiment of patience. Haya smiled as she realized she had being praising her husband alot . Was it love ? No, she thought dismissing the idea completely. It had to be infatuation. It was definitely infatuation for when they reached Lahore , they'd return back to their usual  sworn enemy selves. 

The smile which had smothered her face before vanished as if it wasn't there . As her anxious mind filled with vicious dreams that were haunting her and were going to come true when they reached Lahore. She'd have to face her vile relatives especially, Tai and just the thought of seeing Tai made her heart sink.