Chapter 15

"She was only a bet for you." The words were ringing in Haya's ears. Was she just a bet ?Was she nothing but a conquest for Taimoor ? Taimoor broke her heart in a way no one could have. Why had she given him the power to hurt her? Why had she fallen in love with him? Why did he pretend to care when she was just a bet? Why did he make her fall in love with him ? Why was her mehndi so freaking red , if she was nothing but a conquest? So many 'whys' shattered her .

 Lost and broken, she sat on the bed. She was numb with betrayal. She wanted to cry in misery. She wanted to weep her sorrows away, but tears failed to escape. Was it because she had made a freaking promise to him that she won't cry? What an irony? He, who had asked her not to cry had given her thousands reasons to cry .  Nothing was making sense. Nothing!

She should be feeling grateful that she had been rescued once again. Thankful, that after that she wont have to see much of Salman. Thankful that maybe now everyone would finally know that she was innocent and Salman was the devil. But at what cost had the truth been revealed? Why did she have to get her heart broken once again? Why ? She was betrayed again, and she was never going to recover from it . Because she was in love with her Mujrim.(culprit )

Haya was upset not only with Taimoor but with herself too.  Despite all this, her heart was begging her to give Taimoor a chance. Her heart was asking her to dismiss whatever Salman had said. Her heart was cultivating a passage for Taimoor's forgiveness even when his crime still hadn't been proven.

 She had told Aiman that she didn't want to talk to anyone. She had even refused to see her mother. But deep down, she wanted someone to hug her and tell her it was okay. Was it okay ,though?

Why had she defended Taimoor in-front of Salman? Why did it matter to her ? Why she had felt like defending him honor in-front of Salman, who was nothing but a sick cousin? Why she had lied and told Salman , that she knew about the bet. Why she had  said that she would choose , Taimoor any day even if she was just a bet for him. Was it even a lie? Had she said it all  because she didn't want Salman to have the satisfaction ? Was it because she didn't want Salman to know how he had done the damage he had intended to do ?

Taimoor hadn't told her . She didnt even have any slightest idea about the bet. PERIOD!  Instead of shouting at him , like she should have, she had said nice things about him. She had praised Taimoor like he was her sun and the moon. She had stood beside him holding his arm with pride even though inside, the truth was callously destroying her . What a great actress I am . Salman had looked so convinced. Haya thought .

Everyone thought that they were in love. That Taimoor had married her because he loved her. What a joke ?She still couldn't get why everyone had bought it when they had claimed that Taimoor was in love with her . Had they forgotten their childhood days? Haya being swept off her feet by Taimoor , was explainable. He was charming , caring and devilishly handsome. And the fact that he was there when no one was, was enough to be get fooled by his pretense. But why in the hell everyone believed that Taimoor ,loved her? Were they that much of great actor ?Fools !She labeled everyone as fools who believed Taimoor loved her. He didn't . He hadn't . He was just a brilliant actor. She thought.

In reality Haya was the fool who failed to see beyond the exterior. She was the short sighted one. Who was currently so blinded by rage and hurt by the betrayal that she refused to see what she should be seeing, what everyone saw. Everyone wasn't convinced because of her great acting skills or Taimoor's. They were convinced because they had seen Taimoor looking at her with love and respect when she wasn't looking. They were convinced because he tried his best to protect her. They were convinced because they had observed  the fire in his eyes. He would have killed Salman for touching Haya if everyone wasn't around.

Haya was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't hear the door opening or closing. "Haya". His raspy voice called out her name. It made her lose control. The moment he said her name , she started crying as everything came back to her. Her first instinct was too run into his arms and bury her cheeks into his chest and cry her misery and frustration away.