Chapter 14

Okay so I could find a shalwar kameez in pistachio shade . So just imagine Shehryaar's dark blue one as light pistachio one :D  

Saman had gotten married to Zain and was coming for her chothi (some people call it pakpheray or Makhlava) Taimoor and Haya were supposed to deliver the breakfast and bring Saman over for the rasam. The whole house was in a complete chaos . Everyone was rushing trying to get things done only to end up with the bigger mess.

"Taimoor!" Haya banged the washroom door for the 5th time. They were getting late. Ami was panicking downstairs and Phupho Ami instead of easing some tension was adding a pile of it. All this while Taimoor was doing God knows what in the bathroom. She couldn't hear the water running , which meant she wasn't showering. She couldn't hear any music, which meant he wasn't answering the nature's call either. So, it was clear that he wasn't busy with the normal stuff. And she knew all this because she had attached her ear to the washroom's wooden door twice. Gross, what am I thinking. Haya thought as she detached her ear from the door. 

"Taimoor are you sleeping in there ! Get out this instant , we are getting late !" Haya shouted again.

What was he doing inside ? Why was he talking this long? She had heard the shower go off which meant he was done showering. Then why the hell was he talking this much time.

He was testing her patience and Haya was no monk. She was already under a lot of strain and he wasn't being helpful. Being the only Bahu she was supposed to be the responsible one and she wanted to be the responsible. She didn't want people to think that she was a bad 'bahu'(daughter in law). Desi society was always too quick to judge. And she was one mistake away from being thrashed by the statement "Maa nay kuch sikhaya bhi hai ya nai." (Have your mother taught you anything or not?) She didn't want people to question her mother's upbringing . She had already unintendedly caused her a lot of pain.

He knew she was neurotic , if it were old Taimoor , she would have brushed that under him being a jerk and doing this intentionally to piss her off. But this new Taimoor wasn't like that. He cared about her. Then why the hell was he wasting time in bathroom while she was biting her nails in anticipation.

Furiously she marched back to the washroom door and was about to bang her first on the door , when the door creaked open. Haya's fist collided with his solid muscular chest making him yelp in in pain .

"OWW" He fake hissed in pain.
"Itni zoor ka bhi nai mara tha (I didn't hit you that hard.)
"Said Aiman after she threw a daspana at me and bruised my ribs."
"You are lying." She denied. She hadn't hit him that hard, atleast not intentionally. Her fist hurt. God, what was his chest made of ? Bricks? It had felt like hitting the wall.

"Well I can show you the scar." Is he serious ? I left a scar? Is it possible that I ,Haya punched him so hard that it left a scar? Not possible. But what if  I really did bruise him ! What kind of a wife beats her husband ? 

Haya was  feeling bad. Even though she had dismissed the possibility of him being hurt, she still felt bad for hurting him. Only a little. Her alter ego told her that he deserved that for making them late and it brought her some  peace.

"Are you telling me I left a scar ? What a shame. Stop wasting your time in gym. These are no good." Haya said as she patted the part of his chest where she had banged her firsts on.

That was her problem. She did things without rationally thinking. Now if only she had thought before patting her hands on his naked chest, she wouldn't have done that. Her fingers had tingled as they came in contact with his naked chest.

But there were two things which were more important right now and deserved to be addressed first. Firstly, Taimoor was lying when he said it was bruised because now that she was eyeing it , there was no bruise. Second , how he had managed to build that kinda well-toned body when he didn't go to gym that often? Thirdly, why had he not buttoned up the cream kurta he was wearing. BESHARM (Shameless). Haya was lost in the questions , sharing at the tanned skin which was displayed in-front of her completely oblivious of anything around.