12 Sevilla II

"Good morning Mi Alma" Carlos said in a husky voice – "did you sleep well?" Of course, I slept well. I slept in his arms!

He got out of bed, handed me a robe, and put on his own. "It's coffee time" he declared. We walked out into the garden. I'm a definite talker, but for once I had a very quiet cup of morning coffee. Marias Cafe con letche and her chocolate Churros were to die for. It felt so right in that lovely courtyard, and I had so many impressions I needed to digest. The sweet churros were definitely easy to digest.

 "What are the plans for today?" I asked

"What do you want to do mi Alma"–Carlos asked, and kissed my neck, "I was planning for us to walk around the old town for a while, and then see my uncle Juan for lunch, make some meeting plans for Monday, make love and talk" what do you think, he looked at me with a sheepish grin.

"Visit uncle Juan? You know mama had a crush on him when she was here as a kid. She even vandalized the bay window in your dining room, scratching "J Te Quiero S" into the corner." 

"I didn't know my family lived with you guys in this house before she told me last night." Carlos snuck his arm around my torso "there are a lot of things you don't know, Alma," and then he placed a sloppy kiss on my lips.

"You spent most of the evening yesterday on Skype with your mama – what did she say?" He looked interested. "She mentioned both your uncle Juan and another one who was a judge during the dictatorship. She seemed to open up a bit more, but as my granddad said – what happened in Spain stays in Spain. She also told not to involve my dad in this, but she seemed surprisingly relaxed about us actually." Carlos looked a bit surprised. "relaxed about us – well, that's progress"  Carlos planted another sloppy kiss on my lips.

Maria came over and sat down with us; she wanted to hear everything about her sister's life in New York, I only hear her side of the story – so tell me how she really is, Maria demanded. I assured her that Rosa was fine, and has a position in my house very similar to the one she has here with Carlos. She told us that she knew Carlos and I stayed together in New York, Rosa had told her – and she was thrilled. I wonder if Rosa told her about Mick and Stuart as well.

We got dressed for a day of walking. Uncle Juan postponed our lunch but invited himself over for dinner this evening instead.

Sevilla is so beautiful! I was here once during my internship. "A especial guided tour for the beautiful lady, no charge – just your body, I speak very many ingles", Carlos said in a heavy mock Spanish accent. Funny, I speak fluent Spanish, but we always talk English together.

We walked around the old town hand in hand. It was so peaceful. The mix of European Renaissance and Baroque architecture mixed with the Arab or Moorish makes the city spellbindingly beautiful and unique. Carlos snaked his arm around me as we walked the busy Saturday morning streets. It was just spectacular! "Can we sit down at one of the cute cafes at the plaza Espagna and have an extra coffee – I need to take in all this beauty," I looked up at Carlos - my god how handsome he is!

Carlos led me to a small table at a café with an excellent view of the plaza. After getting our coffee, we sat quietly, admiring both the architectural beauty and each other.

"Tell me, Mi Alma – doesn't the Spanish part of your heart burst with pride when you see this beauty?" I nodded and smiled – I was so happy. My parents didn't have family in this part of Spain, they were mainly in the Barcelona region, and I hadn't been much to the south of Spain.  Sevilla is so different from the Catalonian cities. Here the Moorish or Arab culture was way more dominant than it was in the north. I could live here. 

"Alma,  where in Spain did your mum take you when you were a kid? I know you went to Barcelona and of course, I know you were the summer with me in Madrid, but except for that I know very little about what you have experienced here," Carlos asked me.

"We didn't go here all that often actually, my dad preferred holidays in France, and we have the house in Perpignan that actually used to belong to my grandparents. Mama and I used to take small two day trips to Barcelona to visit the little family she had left there. We went several times to Figueres to visit the Dali museum, that's where I discovered Goya in the collection of war drawings on the third floor – could we go there again please Carlos – I love that museum."  

"Your wish is my demand,"  he said and kissed me lightly. "I have been to Toledo to see El Greco, but coming from a Spanish family, I haven't traveled around the country as much as I have traveled in France. I don't think there are any major art Museums I haven't been to, mum and I are both Museum-junkies – Mum was offered a job at Guggenheim in Bilbao some years ago, but she refused."

We got up and continued our tour of Sevilla, but outside of the old center, the traffic was heavy, so we headed home.

I took a seat in the gorgeous courtyard, and Maria comes out with a bottle of chilled white wine and two glasses  "you children have been walking all day you need to refuel"  she said and laughed. I started to understand where my mum learned her wine-drinking skills.

Carlos sat down next to me on the loveseat under an enormous flaming pink bougainvillea and held me in his arms. I was still a little jetlagged, so we decided to take a nap before dinner.

"Are you sure you need to sleep?" Carlos snuggled his arms around my torso  "remember I'm your bossy, passionate, male chauvinist Latin lover – so I never accept a no from a woman"  he said as his tongue worked its way down my chest. I laughed and said; "remember I am a passionate Latin woman myself, so I demand that my man makes love to me now," as my hands trail down his torso...".I'll quote you on that one when we're old and fat," he laughed.

We made love until I fell asleep. Carlos woke me up at 6:30, telling me his uncle would be there in about half an hour. I rushed into the shower, found clean underwear, some snug jeans, and a blue silk shirt. Ready to meet the family.

-----------------

Please comment and vote :)