18 Madrid with Mick and Stuart

Friday morning, Mick and Stuart set off to explore the hinterlands of Madrid in the green Morgan. It was Stuart's first visit to this part of Spain, so he was very excited.

Carlos and I walked over to the Museum, discussing the day ahead. "I have set up a skype meeting with Francis this afternoon; as he is coming here next week for the embassy's reception, we all need to be on the same page," Carlos said. 

"Yeah, I forgot about him coming. I think I ill have to move out of your apartment for a few days while he is here; please book me a room at the same hotel as he is staying in – I don't want him to be involved in our private arrangements" I looked at Carlos. He did not look happy.

"My job is important to me, Carlos; I don't want to fuck up the first international opportunity I got" I looked at him.

"I see your point, Alma, and I agree, but the man in me screams – three nights without mi Alma!"

"Learn to live with it" I poked him and ran off, into the museum building. 

After a busy day and a long skype meeting with Francis, we headed home. Mick and Stuart were already there – high up after a fun day in the countryside.

 "I just love Spain," Stuart said, in a dreamy voice. " I have only been to Barcelona before, so this was a fantastic new experience – and Carlos that Morgan of yours made my day." 

Mick and Stuart look so happy when they can be just Mick and Stuart. I was thinking – could I have lived ten years in disguise?  I don't understand how they can do it. Is money and the company reputation that important, and would any of their clients today care if the CEO was gay? Are they too afraid of being judged by our fathers - two conservative men in their 60-ies? And actually, if our fathers knew – would it make a difference? I know Mick, and I have a lot to talk about when we're back to New York in a couple of weeks. Mick coming out of the closet is grossly overdue – I don't understand what he is so scared of. The "scared of" thing is taking its toll on our family. My mum is scared, and my husband is scared – what is it with the two Sachs&Goldberg founders that make them so intimidating? For gods sake - I'm scared, I have lived in disguise as long as Mick and Stuart!

"What about dinner?" Carlos asked."Yes – what about dinner," Mick tuned in – "I'm starved."

Stuart wanted to go out and see Madrid's nightlife, so we all decide to go for a walk in the direction of plaza mayor, or the main plaza – where there were tons of cafes and restaurants. This being a busy Friday night, there were people everywhere – Carlos, being a local, found us a cute small Taberna, with tables on the sidewalk – we all got into an instant holiday mood. We decided to call Claudia, but she had her daughter this weekend, but we agreed that the two of them should join us the next day and give Mick and Stuart a guided tour of the city. 

It was almost 2:30 am before we laughing and hand in hand, stumbled ourselves back to Carlos's apartment. Carlos – of course – insisted on a nightcap on the terrace, we sat there taking in the beautiful night sky and the city lights. "I could live here," Mick says happily.

-----------

Please comment and vote :)