THREE

CHAPTER THREE: No. ONE

Lotus jumped up, ignoring Luther's previous statement on his opinions about the end of the world. She grabbed him by his jacket sleeve and dragged him down to the bar, she was glad he didn't try to stop her or else she might've flung across the room.

"What the hell is your problem, Luther?" Five exclaimed, "I just told you the world ends in ten days!"

"Yeah, well, you're always saying that."

He went to walk away again but Lotus stepped in front of him, "Might I say, technically, just technically he's been right so far."

"If you want to go save the world, knock yourself out, I already gotta job and I gotta go."

Five made a face of disgust, "Wait, you work in this shit hole too?"

"Yeah, well my boss does. Runs the two places." Luther shrugged, "I'm his body man."

"What is that, like a masseuse or something?" Five's eyes crinkled.

Luther shook his head, "Okay, you can make fun all you want but I take good care of Mr Ruby."

"Wait, Ruby?" Five's face lit up, "The Jack Ruby, the gangster who shot Oswald?"

"Yup, the one and only."

"Well it finally happened, that gorilla DNA has finally taken over your mind."

She snickered, watching the siblings interact.

"Hey, watch it. Jack's a good friend."

"And you're Number One."

Lotus rolled her eyes, "Don't remind him."

"There is no Number One, not anymore. Not in 1963."

"Now you say that." She sighed, "Jesus, you're all over the place."

"Look, I've been stranded here alone for a year." This time he addressed both of them, which was nice considering Diego acted as if she hadn't been right there sitting next to his brother. "What did you expect?"

"I get it, all right? You watched Pogo die, the world exploded, and I marooned your big dumb ass in time." Five sighed, staring up at the big man. "I'm sorry, okay? But I'm asking for your help, Luther. The Umbrella Academy needs you."

He scoffed, though he did look a little touched by Five's speech. "It doesn't need me. It never did."

A woman cleared her throat, they all turned to see the blonde from earlier. "Luther, Jack's about to lose it over some half wit. A little help?"

"Ah, shit." He started moving through the crowd, but Five was persistent and followed him.

"Luther, wait."

Luther spun around, pointing a finger in Five's face. "Listen. You're the genius who said we should jump, right? You're the one who got us stuck here. And you're the one who brought Vanya, so if they're is a doomsday coming she's probably the cause."

Five pursed his lips while Lotus frowned, Luther wasn't done with his own big speech. "And if I was gonna do something about it, it sure as hell is not gonna be with you."