TEN

CHAPTER TEN: JELL-O SALAD

Luther stood in the kitchen, in his pyjamas with a robe tied tightly around him. Eggs sizzled as he moved the pan around, some toppled off and landed on the stove top. Lotus couldn't help but laugh as he had cracked open about a dozen eggs, acting as if it was no big deal.

Apparently Luther lost his job the night before, he showed up before they all came back. It was good to see him there, even if he was in the middle of cooking all of Elliott's eggs.

"No, no, no, I don't understand. They keep following me!" Diego paced between Luther and Five who leaned in the doorway, she stood next to him with her arms crossed. "Those Dutch sociopaths!"

"They're Swedish, you idiot." Five huffed, "Hired guns paid to eradicate us before we do any more damage to this timeline."

"Yeah, but why now? I mean, I've been fine for three months until you showed up."

Luther nodded, "Yeah, I was here for a year and no one messed with me."

"Even if it was my fault, which it isn't, we only have six days before the end of the world, and the closest anyone's gotten to Dad was that driveway at the consulate."

"Well," Luther sighed, glancing at them. "That's not exactly true."

Lotus stepped towards him with an intriguing look, "What do you mean?"

"I saw him." Luther said, grabbing a large bowl and dumping all the eggs into it. He turned the stove off and grabbed a spoon, trudging to the table as he sat down. "When I showed up, I tried looking for you all. When I couldn't find you, I scrounged up enough money to take a bus back home. When I got there, I found and told him about me— about us. He basically said I was crazy, and that if I was his kid I would have better manners and not smell... whatever. Apparently he hates kids. He sent me on my way and I came back to Dallas."

Diego snorted, "That's pathetic."

"Well, at least he didn't shank my ass."

"No, bro, he shanked your heart."

Lotus snorted, grabbing another spoon and sat beside Luther, she took a spoonful of his eggs and took a bite. He sent her a look before moving the bowl between them, a shrug finding his shoulders.

"Is that... my bathrobe?" Elliott was in the doorway, examining the scene.

"No." Luther mumbled, taking another bite.

Five huffed, "Look, who cares what he shanked? He knows something about time travel."

"Um, wait." Elliott placed his hands on his hips, "Wait, why don't you just do your thing and, uh, time travel us out?"

Five snickered, "Anyone care to explain?"

"Last time he tried, he got lost in the apocalypse." Luther grumbled.

Diego took a seat, "Second time, he ended up without hair on his balls."

Five wandered over to a long table across from them where a few mugs and a pot of coffee sat, he picked it up and chose a mug, pouring the liquid in. "The last time I tried I scattered my family across three years in Dallas, Texas, possibly triggering a doomsday." He picked up the mug and carefully waved it around, "Any more questions, Elliott?"

"Uh, no."

"You're missing the big picture." Diego pointed, "Dad is the ringleader of a sinister cabal that's planning to kill the president."

"A cabal?" Luther questioned.

"Oh my god, are we still on this?" Lotus leaned her elbow on the table, "I thought we already passed this. This is like Luther with the damn moon."