FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE: DELORES' SISTER

They all remained in the screening room, or the closet that Elliott and changed into one. Five paced in small circles, very obviously not sure what to do with this new information.

"Of course Dad would be involved in the assassination. I should've known." Diego grumbled, staring at the floor.

Lotus raised a brow, "How should you have known if this all happened before any of us were born?"

"Born?" Lila questioned.

Five shook his head, "No, you're jumping to conclusions."

"Then what the hell else is he doing standing on the grassy knoll holding an open black umbrella on a sunny day in Dallas?" Diego jumped up, anger flashing. "And at the exact same time the president was shot?"

Five stared up at his brother, a sarcastic tone coming out of his mouth. "It doesn't look good, I admit."

"No, he's the sign man for the whole goddamn thing."

"Easy, Diego. Seriously." Five shook his head.

"No, it makes sense."

"Not really." Lotus said, sitting back down. Diego's crazy side was really starting to show.

"This is what Hazel was obviously trying to tell you. We have to stop Dad from killing the president."

Lotus laughed, a raspy sound, not having really done it in what felt like forever. They all stared at her as she doubled over, when she came up and met Diego's glare she stifled it. "What? You sound insane."

"You need to calm down, Diego." Five nodded. "Dad was no Boy Scout, but a presidential assassination? It's never been his thing."

"How would you know? You skipped out on his golden years."

Five's lips formed a hard line, "Skipped out? You think I had it easy, Diego? I was alone for forty-five years—" he paused, shaking his head. "You know what. We don't have time for this right now."

Lotus wondered if she was the only person he told about his time gone, even if it wasn't in much detail. Did any of his siblings know what happened to him, did they think he was out lounging in the future with nothing to worry about while they all suffered back home?

"Dad's clearly in Dallas right? So, let's go talk to him. Maybe he can help us fix the timeline."

"Dallas is a big place."

Lotus snickered, "And also, a grown man and a teenager approaching someone who firstly, has no children or even remotely knows of any superhuman kids, and telling him that you're his adopted children? Two of seven, at that. He's gonna send both of you back to where Diego came from. And we need to find him, first."

Five shoved his hands in his pockets, "Geez, if only we had some magical old-timey way of finding people and their addresses."

Lotus sighed, pulling herself up again as she stepped in front of Elliott. "Where's your phone book?"

He shook his head, suddenly falling silent. She glared, "Do you want to be taken to the mothership?"

The man's eyes widened and she suppressed another laugh, he really thought aliens were real. "Kitchen." His voice was muffled with the rag tied around his mouth, courtesy of Diego.

"Lila, you watch him."

They all shuffled out of the room, leaving the door open as they made it to the kitchen. Lotus dug through a few drawers before Five called out that he found it, dumping it on the counter. Lotus and Diego huddled around before he took charge, nudging her and Five out of the way.