FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR: FRANKEL FOOTAGE

When Five said, "We need to find Elliott," She expected they needed to find him right away. Not let's explore until morning, then we find him. As, Elliott remained in the same spot they left him, in his apartment daydreaming about aliens.

Before that, Five dragged Lotus all around the divisions surrounding Elliott's place, but avoided the alleyway entirely. Lotus was hesitant to even be exploring, considering those men and the fact that she was exhausted. If she was this tired, did that mean Five felt like he was on the brink of death?

"Have you ever worn anything besides that school uniform?"

He glared down at her, "It's not a school uniform."

"It looks like you go to a private school and you really love the clothes." She told him, "If you were a normal kid, you would have defiantly gone to a private school."

Five's lips formed a straight line, "Are you mad?"

"What?"

"That we're stuck. I know we just talked about it but you didn't really say."

"I think I did."

He shook his head, "Are you mad at me?"

"No."

"Lotus."

"I'm not." She chuckled, "I mean, there's nothing we can do about it expect try to save the world again. I'd like to live a little longer, you know."

"Only a little?"

She rolled her eyes, "Speaking of little, how are you tonight?"

"I'm taller than you, Lo."

"Oh." Her eyes wandered to his, "I get a nickname?"

"Haven't I called you that before?"

She shrugged, "I don't remember."

They turned a corner, walking aimlessly down a long street lined with family homes. They all looked well kept, blooming gardens sat under windows and a few even had the white picket fence everyone always associated with the American Dream.

"You look nice in that." Five pulled her attention back to him, his thin frame warming her side. He wasn't one for compliments, or even showing any genuine emotion. Tonight was an odd night, he'd been giving her both. "I mean, well, you always look nice."

She pursed her lips, "You look nice too."

They had stopped walking then, and he stared down at her. The street lamps casted a shadow over them, his eyes were dark in the overcast of light. "Can I kiss you?"

Lotus froze, staring up at him. Her mind went blank, trying to process the words that left his mouth. His eyes searched hers for an answer but was interrupted by the sound of police sirens. They both jump, dashing back down the street the way they came towards Elliott's. When she felt they were safe again, hiding under a bridge at a park close to Commerce and Knox, she gazed over at him. His expression was back to his normal one, stone cold with a side of annoyance.

"Did you just ask to kiss me?"

He turned to her, eyes widening for a spilt second, a moment of vulnerability which gave her the realization that he actually said it. She didn't make it up, her mind wasn't playing tricks on her— he actually had asked to kiss her.

"No." He said.

Lotus raised a brow, amusement dancing on her face. "I think you did."

"No I did not."