𝟢𝟥 | 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖺 𝖻𝗈𝗒

┍━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┑
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥
- 𝗔𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗮 𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗼
┕━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┙

When Isadora woke up the next morning, she couldn't help but sigh as everything that happened the day before came crashing in. She was alone in her room, just like she hoped. Taking another deep breath, she stood up and changed into her workout clothes. Despite what happened on her spot in the woods, she still continued to go back to it anyway.

That morning, it was more windy than usual. But she didn't mind. Instead, she just listened, hoping it would say something to her. Offer her advice on how to deal with cheating men. Offer her advice on someone saying she might be a witch. Or just say something random, really. Anything to let her escape from this reality.

But today, her spot decided to stay quiet again. After her first vision, it was as if the woods knew that she was startled and wanted to give her some space. Part of her felt relief as the witch argument seemed to be slowly ruled out. But another part of her wished that maybe that could be her escape from reality.

She made her way back home, once again going straight for the fridge and grabbing her vanilla overnight oats. Just as she was eating breakfast, Caroline entered the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"Good morning, Pixie," Caroline greeted, practically bouncing on her feet. "You okay? You don't seem as energetic as you usually are after your morning walk."

Isadora smiled as she noted how her cousin easily noted her emotions. After turning into a vampire, she noticed this change in Caroline, how she became more empathic and aware of other people's feelings.

"I'll be fine," Isadora responded vaguely.

"Is it Damon?" Caroline asked. "He was apologising last night while he was in your room. I guessed you were asleep because of your heartbeat. But it's weird how he apologises when he knows you're not listening."

Isadora looked at Caroline in shock, not expecting to hear that he stopped by. "What did he say?" she asked.

"He said he didn't deserve you. Mind telling me what's going on?" Caroline asked as she started to work on their morning coffee.

"He cheated," Isadora replied, looking down at her oats and refusing to look her cousin in the eyes.

Caroline has always been vocal when it came to her thoughts on the older Salvatore. Everyone knew Caroline hated Damon, thinking that he was a villain. But she tried to write it off when Isadora started dating Damon.

The vampire almost crushed the pot for the coffee maker out of anger as soon as the words escaped Isadora's lips. As much as she hated this 'I told you so' moment, she really didn't know how to talk without saying something bad about Damon.

"Please say something," Isadora mumbled, knowing her cousin would hear her anyway. It was then that Caroline realised that she was just staring at Isadora in disbelief.

"I'm sorry. I just... I don't know what to say, Pix," Caroline said in a softer tone. "He's right, you know. You do deserve better. And you can't always forgive him, especially for this kind of treatment."

Isadora smiled at her cousin's words. She already knew all of that, but hearing it somehow made them more real. It invoked some kind of action from her.

"Thanks, Carebear," Isadora said with a smile before her eyes landed on the coffee pot her cousin was holding. "Mind fixing me a cup of that?"

"Sure," Caroline said, returning the smile. "Listen, I'm planning on meeting up with Tyler to help him with his first full moon. I don't really know how to do this, but will it be okay if you come with? You won't be in the same place as us. A safe distance. I just need you somewhere near since you do know more about this."