𝟣𝟦 | 𝖥𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗌𝗒

┍━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┑
𝘓𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴
𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘩 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯
𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺
- 𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗮 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘇, 𝗚𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗮𝘀
┕━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┙

Damon Salvatore.

That was a name Kol didn't think he would hear again since he last heard it back in 1912. At that time, Kol would have different adventures away from his family who lived in New Orleans, travelling around the United States as he caused his fair share of mischief. It was always like this whenever he was undaggered as he tried to find his own way to practice magic. He was ecstatic when he was undaggered in 1901, seeing a new world for him to wreak havoc into.

In late 1912, Kol decided to go on a cross-country trip, having ended up in Portland, Oregon. He has heard of an interesting coven that resided there who rely on the merge of twins to lead them. Of course, there were also a lot of Native Americans who have a different connection to nature. He had been quite close to one tribe in particular when he was briefly undaggered during the 1800s. Of course, that was another short lived undaggering for the number of people he killed again.

During his short time in Portland, he met Damon feeding on a girl in an alley, making Kol smirk. With one look, he knew that the vampire was still young and was obviously frustrated.

"You alright there, mate?" Kol asked in a teasing tone, causing Damon to pull away to see the man smirking at him. "Seems like you're a bit frustrated there. How's about joining me for a drink in a local bar. I know this place has the sweetest tasting women."

Damon looked at the girl he was drinking from. "Forget this happened. Patch your wound up," he compelled before letting the girl go. "You want me to go with you to drink from people in public and risk being hunted down by people who see us as monsters? Yeah, I'd rather not. I prefer being alone. Go home, kid."

Kol couldn't help but laugh at that statement. If only this guy knew just how old he actually was.

"Perhaps I gave you the wrong first impression," Kol said, as he took a step forward. "My name's Kol. I'm simply looking for a drinking buddy before I go further up north. A friend, if you will. But of course, if you'd rather wallow on your own, then so be it."

Kol turned around to leave, only to stop as the man who was feeding moments ago introduced himself.

"Damon Salvatore," he said, making Kol turn back with a smirk. "So, where's this bar you were talking about?"

Kol and Damon spent the next few days together, practically going on a murder spree. What Kol did notice, though, was that even though Damon was a murderous one, he had excellent control over his actions. And later on, Kol found out that it was because Damon's brother was the type to carelessly kill people, being a ripper and all.

Damon never wanted to be a vampire. Or at least, it was because the reason he would be a vampire was already dead. He felt as if his brother forced him to become a vampire. In a way, Kol knew what Damon felt, having lost his magic as he was forcibly turned into an immortal.

The past few days, they became great friends. However, Kol's time in Portland has come to an end as he wanted to see the tribe he had found up north before his brother decided it would be best to have him back in a coffin. At the end of November, Kol bid his good friend farewell as Damon was to continue with cleaning up his brother's tracks. Kol wanted to be back in New Orleans by Christmas, given that their family had a tradition of being together during that time of the year.