𝟤𝟣 | 𝖮𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

┍━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┑
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
- 𝗠𝗮𝗴𝗴𝗶𝗲 𝗥𝗼𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀
┕━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┙

The next day, Isadora woke up snuggled into Kol with nothing but the duvet on them. It wasn't the first time she woke up like this, but something about sharing this moment with Kol made her smile.

"You're staring, darling," Kol murmured as he kept his eyes closed.

Isadora giggled and gave Kol a kiss on his jaw, causing the vampire to smile.

Just then, the buzzing of Isadora's phone broke the peaceful silence between the two. Isadora sighed and pulled away from Kol, causing a whine from the male.

"Oh hush," Isadora said in a raspy voice. "You said we'd play hero if Caroline ever contacted us."

"I didn't think she would actually contact us though," Kol replied but kept his eyes shut.

"Then it must be important if she texted us," Isadora nagged as she sat up, pulling the duvet to cover her chest.

Silently, she opened her phone, hoping for some good news on whatever transpired the night before. Instead, she ended up staring at the phone which caused concern for Kol.

"Everything okay, Izzy?" Kol said, finally opening his eyes and sitting up to see Isadora still staring at her phone. He gently took the phone from Isadora's hand and looked at the message that had his girlfriend frozen in shock.

Klaus killed all the hybrids and Carol Lockwood. It was all on that Hayley chick.

Kol knew that the mayor meant a lot to Isadora, given how he first saw their interaction during the ball. Of course she'd be close to the mayor, she practically grew up with everyone in that small town.

"Come here, darling," Kol said in a soft tone as he pulled Isadora into a hug before he started to hear her sobbing against his chest. "I'm so sorry."

"Why did they tell me to trust Hayley if she was going to do this?" Isadora asked in between sobs.

Kol didn't know how to respond. He didn't know what the spirits were thinking. And right now, he didn't know how Isadora would deal with something as big as this.

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

"So let me get this straight," Caroline said as she hung another ornament onto the Christmas tree. "You guys actually had sex not knowing what was happening outside?"

"How can I know what's happening outside when I'm indoors and distracted, Care?" Isadora retaliated as she also helped with the decorating.

It has been a few weeks since the charity and Isadora had to stay indoors for most of it, trying to stay sane. During those days, she cut herself off from Klaus, feeling too much anger despite him being family. She didn't want to end him out of anger, much like how he ended Carol.

Caroline shrugged at her cousin's statement. "I just didn't think your first time with Kol would be during another massacre," she said, causing Isadora to groan.

"I swear, there's something sketchy about these massacres," Isadora responded. "First, the humans. Now, the hybrids. Bonnie should really think twice before associating herself with that Shane dude."

"And you don't think it was Hayley?" Caroline asked in an irritated tone. "She was the one who kept on pushing for the hybrids to be unsired. She was the one who said she had a witch who can help really free the hybrids. Who would've thought the freedom she was offering was a ticket to the Other Side."