𝟣𝟫 | 𝖠𝗇𝖽𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾 𝖠𝗇𝖽𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾

┍━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┑
𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘰𝘸
- 𝗟𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 (𝗠𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗮 𝗠𝗶𝗮 𝟮)
┕━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┙

The week continued with the usual routine. Only now, Isadora already knew that there was something wrong. She wanted nothing more than to get answers.

She could've easily used her abilities. The trees loved nothing more than to gossip about everything they saw. But having to resort to that would show a lack of trust in her so-called friends.

That morning, Isadora checked her phone as soon as she was up. And the text message from Caroline proved that her friends really were up to something.

She wasn't surprised to learn that she was right about her suspicions–Tyler and Hayley were trying to free hybrids. What puzzled Isadora, however, was the hunt for a cure for vampirism as well as the hunter being one of The Five. The tattoo seemed to be the map to the said cure.

"Good morning," Kol said with a groan as he pulled Isadora closer into a hug. "Why are you on your phone so early in the morning?"

"Do you know anything about The Five?" Isadora asked as she closed her phone and looked at Kol.

Kol's face scrunched in distaste, remembering the first people to use the dagger against him. "They were hunters," Kol responded. "Rebekah actually fell in love with one of them a thousand years ago. He promised he would help cure her of vampirism. It was a lie."

"What do you mean?" Isadora asked as she snuggled closer as if she was being told a bedtime story.

"They introduced the daggers that kept us asleep," Kol explained. "But they didn't know that those won't work with Nik. So he killed all of them. And for decades, Nik became plagued with hallucinations because of it."

"I knew that hunter was cursed!" Isadora exclaimed. "I felt his magic, Kol. Honestly, it scared me. I pity whoever ends up killing him given my words."

Kol chuckled at Isadora's outburst. "The magic that was used to enhance him would have made him more murderous for every vampire he killed," he explained. "The witches thought it was necessary for them to be the ones to return balance to nature, much like our mother. But you were right about nature being the one that's supposed to really take action."

"Servants of nature my ass," Isadora scoffed, causing another chuckle from Kol. She then pulled away and sat up with a grin. "Well, I've cursed that hunter. Now, we go back to our daily scheduled torture called school."

"Skip," Kol said as he pulled Isadora back onto the bed.

"You know I can't do that," Isadora groaned as she tried to pull away.

However, Kol was persistent on having the girl skip for the day. "You said it yourself, you wanted to experience playing hooky," he said with a boyish grin. "Besides, I told you that I'd take you out on a date today."

"Yeah, I was thinking we were gonna do it after school!" Isadora responded.

"Caroline said you need some rest," Kol negotiated. "I will help you with any missed school work. We can squeeze in some world history later. Caroline has also volunteered her notes for today. Let's just take a day off. Just you and me."

"You are impossible, Kol Mikaelson," Isadora groaned as she tried to pull away.

"Where are you going now?" Kol groaned back, trying to keep her in bed.