Battle of Kyoto (Part Three)

Akihito is now pondering on what to do next. His decision could change the course of the war. However, one mistake can have undesirable consequences.

They were inside the Royal Bunker pondering whether or not to surrender or fight. Akihito and the other higher up shinobi were inside the Council Room of the Royal Bunker.

"Your Highness, we cannot surrender that I can assure you. However we haven't the slightest idea as to how we are going to free your grandfather without provoking your uncles wrath" said Fugaku.

Akihito was deep in thought. 

"If we try to rescue grandfather now uncle won't hesitate to kill him. No. It's too reckless. The only option we have is too surrender. However, we still have the element of surprise. Uncle wouldn't expect us too fight when we willingly surrender. Yes. That's it. We surrender. That's the easiest way to save grandfather. But then their is another problem. We are not sure how many people uncle has under his control".

Akihito's line of thought was interrupted when a jounin came running in, appearing disheveled. 

"How dare you barge inside this council meeting unannounced"yelled Fugaku.

The jounin bowed his head apologetically, "Forgive me, but I bring urgent news".

Fugaku sat back down, "It better be, if not I'll have your head" he muttered. The jounin nodded than began to talk. 

"After examining the bodies the medical squad discovered something on the bodies, an insignia. It appeared to be a type of seal. But we were uncertain as to which one. However, after further analysis on the bodyies, one of the medical shinobi suddenly screamed bloody murder and fell down dead. After that, we made sure to clear the area". 

When the jounin finished everyone was quiet. Akihito who was sitting at the head of the Council Table almost fell off his chair after hearing this. First he had his grandfather's safety to worry about now this. 

"This matter will be handed over to Fugaku. He will examine the bodies using his sharingan than report to the Council on his findings. I am giving you an hour, Lord Fugaku. You may now leave" said Akihito. Fugaku stood up and bow then left with the medical jounin. 

"Back to the course of surrender, I have decided that the best course of action is for us to surrender" finished Akihito. 

"Forgive me, but did you just say for us to surrender. Your Highness, we came here to sacrifice our lives to save the people of the Land of Fire from the treacherous hands of your Uncle. If we surrender now, all of our forces will be for naught" said one of the ANBU commanders.

The Hokage raised an eyebrow at him, "Wolf, I will watch the way you talk to your superiors". ANBU commander Wolf bowed and apologized. 

"That is alright. He has a great point that's why people say to not jump in to early. Before Commander Wolf interrupted. We will surrender, our spies have reported that my Uncle has gone mentally unstable, meaning he may not be in his right mind while we launch our attack during our surrender" said Akihito.

"Then what is the plan, Your Highness" said Kakashi.

"We will launch a preemptive strike during our surrender. As soon as I set the signal, we launch our attack. Kill everyone single one who isn't any of ours but watch the civilians. Kakashi, you, Might Guy, and Anko will rescue my Royal Relatives that are under house arrest".

"Lord Hokage, you, Kurenai, and Asuma will head to save my grandfather. The rest of the ANBU Commanders will head towards the Districts. Eradicate the Districts of any of the traitors". As soon as Akihito finished Fugaku walked inside. 

Akihito saw and raised an eyebrow, "That was fast, what new do you come bearing for us. Good or Bad". 

Fugaku kept his indifferent facade, "Both. Which one do you want first". 

"Any" 

"The Good news is the seal is not contagious nor does it spread easily. Bad News is I have not been able to identify it" said Fugaku. 

Akihito nodded, "Well, now that the seal business has been handled I believe we have nothing else to worry about. Me and my teammates will face my Uncle. For now, head to your Assigned Squadrons, get ready. We leave in a few minutes. Dismissed".

Akihito stood up and left fist followed by the others, as they were heading outside. Fugaku stopped the Hokage for a little talk.

The Hokage was surprised as to what Fugaku could possibly want to talk about, "What is it Fugaku?"

"Lord Hokage, I wasn't telling the entire truth today" said Fugaku.

The Hokage only raised an eyebrow, "Then what is the truth".

Fugaku took a minute to think, "While examining the insignia's, they were proven to be very powerful Seals. I was able to identify as some sort of loyalty seal with some slave seal added inside"

"Who do you think is responsible for it" said the Hokage 

"I have only one person capable of something such as this" said Fugaku. 

"Who is it?" said the Hokage.

"Orochimaru"

___________________________

Sorry Guys for such a short chapter. But been kinda busy with school. I will continued to write this book in my spare time. But I thank my most loyal fans for reading, voting, and commenting. 

Thank you.