Chapter 11

We arrived at the party and walked through the mansion to the backyard.

"It looks like an instagram photo shoot." I said looking around. Everything was set up with backdrops and fall decor pieces were placed perfectly throughout. There was a stage with a band playing music and a dance area. In another part of the yard was a bar and food table. All over were different seating areas that looked straight out of a magazine. It was starting to get dark but fairy lights were strung throughout giving a glow to the event that I found captivating.

"How would you know? You're not on Instagram or any other app." April said next to me.

"I mean she's not wrong..." Zander said. "I find the more fascinating thing to be the level of attractiveness here. Like does you're cousin know anyone above an eight."

Zander has a point. Everyone here looked like they fit right into the magazine level back drop. The women wore this years hottest fall fashion and the men were dressed to impress as well. I felt a little less out of place having been dressed by April but none the less I still felt as if I didn't belong.

"Well I'm off to mingle." April said as she looked over at us.

"Why did she need us? We could be bingeing on ice cream while watching Netflix right now." Zander said as we looked over at April.

"You guys would rather watch Netflix than be here?" April said in astonishment.

"Yes." We said in unison.

"Whatever. Go try to have fun. I'll find you in a bit." April walked off.

"So what do we do now?"Zander asked me.

"When did I become our social director. I thought that was your job Cupid." I teased.

"This is not really my environment."

"Sorry, you think this is mine?" We both laughed. "Let's go sit. That seems normal. Ditch me and die by the way."

"I'm here for you babe."

We sat on a wrap around couch and looked around us. I've never seen so many people simultaneously taking selfies. Maybe they were attempting a record. Zander and I began making pointing out who were thought were fellow models Bianca knew.

I was laughing at something Zander had said when I looked up and saw the green eyes man who had invaded my thoughts like the plague.

"Autumn. Zander. Do you mind if I sit?"

"No. Not at all. Good to see you Nick. How are you enjoying the party?" Zander said as Nick sat on the other part of the L-shaped couch on the other side of me.

"It hasn't been bad. Not really my scene though." Nick said as he smiled at Zander and I.

"Ours either. I was just going to get a drink. Mind keeping Autumn here company?" Zander asked.

"I think I can handle that. Are you ok with it Autumn?" Nick said as he turned to me. "I promise I won't bite."

"Wait is that cake?" I said momentarily distracted by someone walking by with food.

"The way to this one is her stomach. Did you want cake babe?" Zander asked.

"I'm confused. Models eat cake and still look that good? Why's life so unfair?" Both Zander and Nick laughed at me.

"I'll be back. Good luck with her." Zander said as he left us.

"So have you seen many people you know here?" I turned by attention to Nick. He looked incredible in a dark blue long sleeve button up shirt and black pants. He fit in perfectly with the party's crowd.