Chapter 12

Nick maneuvered use easily through the house to a bathroom and closed the door. He began looking around for something to clean up my dress with. He found some disposable hand towels and handed them to me. I sat up of the counter and began dabbing at the stain trying to soak it up.

I looked up and noticed Nick was watching me intently. I suddenly felt my whole body come alive from simply the way he was looking at me.

"I think my roommates have a thing for you." I said.

His gaze never left mine but he tilted his head to the side and crossed his arms. That was totally not helping what was happening with my body. I could see his arm muscles take shape under his shirt. Was it necessary to be in that good of shape?

"I'm not interested." Is what he said when he finally spoke. "They aren't really my type." He moved over to where I sat on the counter and put a hand on each side of me. Close to but not touching my body. I could feel his body heat. "Why do you mention it?"

"Because I'm pretty sure that's what led to this situation." I said gesturing with a towel at my dress.

"This situation is all bad though. But you're saying it's my fault you're outfit got ruined?" His eyes light up with amusement.

"That's an interesting deduction you just made. My dress isn't ruined though. It just needs to be cleaned. It be fine."

"Do you ever let things get to you?"

"Sometimes." Like right now having you this close. That's getting to me. In a way I hate and love at the same time.

"Well can I make it up to you?"

"How?"

He leaned in so his mouth was next to my ear. "I have some ideas." His warm breath on my skin sent my nerves into overdrive. I took a deep breath trying to get control of myself.

"It's not necessary but as you wish." His head moved slowly over until we were eye to eye. His face stayed close to me on the way there and the skin was left tingling from the feeling of his warm breath.

We looked at each other and then he glanced down at my lips. Then in what felt like slow motion we both leaned in. The kiss was slow at first but then began to deepen. As it did his hands moved from beside me onto my hips. I dropped the towels moving my hand to the sides of his arms feeling the muscles ripple under my touch.

He bit my bottom lip and I opened my mouth and soon our tongues met. He moved to get closer and I opened my legs so he could. His hands moved down my outer thighs to my knees which he gripped onto to pull our body's flush together.

My hands moved to the back of his neck where I rubbed slow circles.

His hands then moved slowly up my legs pulling my dress with them. His touch was gentle but firm and set my body ablaze. They finally came to rest on the bare skin on my hips. His lips left mine on to trail kisses across my face and down my neck. I leaned away with my upper body giving him better access. He took advantage of the opportunity and continued his trail down to my chest along my collar bone.

Just then there was a knock at the bathroom door. We broke apart but our hands were still in their same positions on each other. We both were looking at each other breathing heavy.

"Who is it?" I managed to say.

"Zander. Let me in."

Nick stepped back slightly so I had room and slide on the counter. His hand gripped the hem of my dress and he pulled it down in place as my hands left is neck and moved to his shoulders and down his arms. Keeping contact as long as I could. I slowly moved and opened the door.

"I found April and told her what happened and that Nick offered us a ride. She said she ran into a guy named Keith? Do we know a Keith?"

"I don't know a Keith." I said.

"Keith went to our high school. He was a year older than me. I think he had a massive crush on April back then though." Nick added.

"That adds an interesting element to the story." Zander said with glee.

"Why didn't they get together back then?" I asked looking to Nick.

"April wasn't quite the same person back then. She was very quiet and shy. Rarely talked to many people. I was surprised by how much she had changed when I saw her when you guys came for dinner."

"It's Autumn doing. She corrupted her freshman year." Zander said mischievously. Nick raised a brow in my direction.

"I would never." I said in fake innocence.

"Anyway April said that she was going to go out with Keith and some other people to a bar after this and gave us her car keys." Zander said.

"Okay." I tried not to sound disappointed.

"So you're free of us Nick. And also someone named Anna was asking for you. She's waiting out back for you."

"Sounds good. You guys get home safe. I'll see you guys later." Nick slowly moved passed Zander and headed towards the party but before he turned the corner he looked back and smiled at me. I smiled back.

Zander took my hand. "Ready?"

"Yeah I guess."