Chapter 20

"Your blushing." I teased Adam.

It was Thursday and we were getting ready to walk the dogs at the shelter.

"I've liked her for awhile. I just never thought she'd like me." Adam said.

"Of course she does. You guys just didn't have great timing until now."

"I asked her on a date."

"Wait what?!? I thought you guys already went out. Are going out. Whatever."

"I want to take her on a real date though. She deserves to have someone spend time planning something special for her."

"Wow. This right here shows how lucky you two are to have each other. Now what are you planning."

"Ok. To be clear this is a secret."

"Got it I won't tell a soul."

"I planned a picnic. There's this lady that has this mobile picnic business. She makes all the food and sets up her truck wherever you ask. And she has a screen that she can set up for movies."

"That's different. Where did you request to have the picnic?"

"Actually your friend Nick helped me. He knows about this private pond. He asked his buddy if we could use it."

"Wow. That was nice of him. When'd you talk about this with him?"

"Well I found out about the picnic thing from a friend in my Bio class and I don't know the area well. I saw Nick at the gym the other day and remembered he grew up around here. He and I talked between sets and he helped me out. He's a pretty cool guy."

"Yeah...." I think it'd be more helpful if he were less great. I sighed.

"He asked me about you."

That snapped me out of my daze. "What? What about me?"

"Well Ashton stopped by and he asked me if you guys were dating. I said I didn't think so. Are you dating Ashton?"

"No. Every time I've seen him has been with you."

"I didn't know if something happened Saturday after Jess and I left..."

"Well I got drunk. Zander took me home. I had a terrible hangover all day Sunday. If you and Jess didn't get together, I'd say the whole night had been a waste. But luckily you did and I couldn't be happier."

"Thanks." Adam went back to blushing.

"Ok let's get these dogs on their leashes and get going." We began rounding up the dogs we were assigned to walk today.

...

"So I have class."

"April. I'm going to kill you."

It was Friday morning and April and I had gone to the grocery store. She insisted we needed to get it done so we would be prepared for Sunday.

"I'm sorry. I thought we'd be back sooner. I know this is a lot Autumn."

"Just go."

"Don't be mad."

"I'll get over it."

"Ok. See you later then. I owe you."

"Your my best friend. And pretty much the only person I'd get up this early for. Now go."

I started gathering bags. I sighed. This would have to be two trips. I think April was planning a meal for like 50 people then again the guest list was already quite big.