Chapter 15

What is taking you so long?" Zander asked.

I held the phone to my face and the handrail in my other hand.

"10 flights Zander. I'm walking down ten flights. And you insisted I wear these shoes."

I had on a pair of heeled booties to go with my black jeans and off the shoulder sweater.

"We're going to be late."

"Chill Cupid. Would it really be so bad if they were left alone waiting for us?"

"Oh. That's true. Take your time."

"Don't try to make a career out of this Cupid thing. You're not that good at it."

"Hey! Who came to me with relationship advice yesterday?"

"Shut up. I was desperate and out of my mind."

"Someone has had an interesting effect on you. I can tell when he's within a hundred feet of you that you clearly react to him."

"Fuck. I thought I hid it." I made it to the ground floor and headed out the front.

"I knew it those shoes go perfectly. Now drive us there so I can do my work. I'll explain the plan  on our way. Basically though we're ignoring them so they are forced to converse with each other and hopefully other things." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ok Cupid. Let's get a move on it then. I'd This is work am I getting paid for the assist?"

"How about I buy you drinks?"

"Ok. I'm convinced." I smile at him as we climb into my car.

...

I drove us a little off campus to our favorite bar, The Place.

We discovered it a couple years ago through this guy I was dating at the time. It was off campus and 21 and over so not many undergrads came here. It was very low key and had a back area with pool tables and arcade games. They had typical bar food but it was also in the downtown area and there were lots of restaurants near that we often frequented as well. We usually ended our nights at The Place though.

I parked in the parking garage and we walked the three blocks to the bar. I was happy I wore a sweater because it was a chilly fall night. When we got there we spotted Adam and Jessica.

They looked cute. They were completely enveloped in each other. Jessica was giggling at something Adam said and Adam had a big grin on his face.

"See. My arrow has done its work." Zander gloated.

"Why did I have to put on clothes and come here again Cupid."

"Maybe we can sneak out. We could go to the store buy alcohol and go hang out."

"Sounds good to me." Just then they spotted us and waved us over. "Just as I was envisioning my sweat pants and my dreams are crushed."

"Your dreams sound boring. You need to add a certain tall dark haired man into them."

"You aren't tall?"

"Fuck you. And you know who I meant." He wiggles his eyebrows at me as we climbed into the booth. I laughed.

"Hey guys! What took you so long?" Jessica asked.

"Autumn takes so long to get ready." Zander said in an exaggerated fashion.

"Do not!" I said smacking him. "I am craving those cheese fries. Zander want to share?"

"Sure." He looked at me questioningly.