Chapter 19

I finished up at work. It was a long day. My head felt better but I was tired and had a lot of work yet to do. Zander texted me and he was coming over to my apartment. He was picking up take out and then we were going to head to the library. After climbing up the stairs (I should check in when the elevator going to be fixed) I made it to my apartment.

Zander and April were sitting together at the counter. April was bouncing in excitement when she saw me.

"Zander should I be scared." I looked to him with my eyebrows raised.

"I just got here. I know nothing." Zander said as he started pulling out food.

"So....you and Nick! I need details!" April was very giddy.

I groaned. "Are Fiona or Sophia here?" I preferred my personal problems stay private.

"Don't worry. Fiona is at a dance class and Sophia is on a date with some guy she met on Friday." April said. "Now stop avoiding."

"Do you want water to drink Zander?" I winked at him. We were torturing April.

"Do you have anything else?" He winked back and smirked.

"Well-" I said trying to act serious.

"I hate you guys." April said.

"You love us." I got water for Zander and I and sat down. Zander set my quinoa bowl in front of me.

"Where to start?" I said.

Zander and I then filled April in on everything she had missed.

"He kissed you!" Her mouth was agape. "I'm so jealous. See going to that party was a great idea. Your welcome!"

"Yes April this is about you." I jokingly said.

"You can't ruin my excitement. I totally ship you guys." April said. I grimaced at the word ship.

"We aren't tv characters." I started to clean up from dinner.

"Now who's Anna?" Zander asked in a serious tone. I'm not sure I'm ready to hear this.

"Oh. Uh.....Yeah...." April looked unsure of what to say. I closed my eyes. I knew this wouldn't be good.

"Don't stall." Zander said.

"So he's Nick's ex. They dated for three years, but broke up when Nick left to go to college." April said in a soft voice.

"Who broke it off?" Zander immediately asked.

"Nick did. And I don't think he's interested in her Autumn." April said.

"Is she interested in him?" Zander continued.

"Yeah I think she is. She's the one who keeps pursuing him. She was looking for him at Bianca's. Then decided that they should go to his parents orchard for old times sake. Then Nick and Wade had planned a night out so she invited herself along. Both times Nick expanded the guest list. Which tells me he didn't want to be alone with her." April spoke quickly.

"And this dinner?" I asked.

"I'm coming!" Zander said.

"Do you want to move in too? You seem to be here a lot recently." I teased.

"Don't deny how much you love my presence. And no. You have like thirty alarms. It ridiculous." Zander rolled his eyes.

"The worst part is sometimes those don't even wake her." April mumbled. I swatted at her. "It's true."

"I have a feeling you're going to want a favor soon and this is how you treat me." I try to make my face look angry.

"You're perfect Autumn. Who wouldn't want someone who gives you death glares before noon around?" April said.

"I think she begun picking up on your sarcasm." Zander said flatly.

"I've created a monster." I replied.

"Ok so I really really like Keith. And I happened to mention cooking and he said he hadn't had a home cooked meal in forever and I was like oh you should come over-"

"Why would a person who can't cook invite someone over with the presence of cooking?"

"I like him. He's sweet and listens to me ramble about fashion and marketing. Most guys tune me out and try to get away with nodding every once and awhile. Anyway I got nervous and said my roommates would be there. Then invited Nick and Troy figuring they'd be in the building."

"How'd Henry score an invite?"

"Fiona asked him if he wanted to come. Oh and Ashton and Sam will be there too. And maybe Tara. She really wants to hang out with you."

"And who will be cooking?"

"About that..." April said nervously. I raised my eyebrows. "Autumn. Please. Pretty please. I really like Keith."

I pretended to be thinking. I was obviously saying yes. I want my best friend to be happy.

"Ok fine. Can't deny love. Also I want to meet this Keith. Make sure he's good enough for you." April jumped up and hugged me. "Zander since you invited yourself you're my sous chef."

"As long as April isn't cooking. I'm pretty sure the drama will be worth the work too." Zander replied.

"Let's hope for smooth sailing. For now Zander and I need to get to the library. We have a lot of work to get done."

This was sounding more and more like the dinner party from hell.