Chapter 16

Ashton moves to take his turn as Zander replaces him beside me.

"Do you see how much they're touching? I think our plan is working." Zander said as I sat there utterly confused about what was happening across the room. "Autumn. Are you good?" He was looking at me concerned now.

"Bar. Look."

He subtly looked over. Then did a double take his eyes getting wide. "What the fuck."

"Still think he's interested in me?"

"Ok there is probably an explanation here."

"Like?"

"It's his cousin?"

"Sitting on his lap? Also I met his cousins. I had thanksgiving at his house last year."

"Well I'll be honest. I does appear like he's just a jackass but I'm not ruling him out yet." Zander squeezed my shoulder. "I am getting you another drink because we are stuck here a little longer."

"I'm not sure alcohol is going to help anything."

"Don't worry I've got your back Autumn." He said as April walked in. She walked over to the group at the bar and greeted them. Nick stood up. Lap girl moved over to some other guy. April hugged Nick then began talking with him and Anna. I noticed Fiona and Sophia joined the group as well.

"This night gets better by the second."

"Here drink." I take the drink and take a long gulp. I turn my attention back to our group and try to ignore the painful feelings I'm having. "Shit!"

"What?"

"You can do this Autumn."

"What Zander?"

"They're headed this way. April saw us."

"Well this sounds fun...I'm so excited. Fuck my life."

"It'll be fine."

"Hey guys! I didn't know you were coming here tonight. I told these guys about this place and they wanted to check it out." April said coming over. She looked cute in a dress that hugged her curves and booties. The dress was 3/4 length sleeve and her legs were bare. Looking at the other women in their group who were dressed similarly. Was I the only woman who gets cold?

"Oh yeah? What do you guys think?" Zander said. So happy he's here. I just sip my drink.

"Definitely our vibe. Hey Autumn! I'm glad to see you again." Wade. He is currently looking me up and down.

"Hey." I left it short and sweet. I really don't want to extend this interaction. I'm still solely focused on my drink.

"Zander were victorious!" Ashton makes a reappearance. Yay.

They high five and Adam and Jessica come over. Adam puts an arm around Jessica. Cute. I smile and look at Zander who noticed too.

"Too bad. I was really hoping you'd show these two up." I said. "Jess maybe you can beat Adam at Super Mario bro's."

"That sounds like a bet I'm willing to take on." Jessica says and looks up at Adam. He grins and leads her away.

Zander high fives me. Everyone stands there looking confused. I was distracted by my glee and forgot why I wasn't looking up. Anna was planted at Nick's side and his arm was on her shoulders. Well my grin was gone. I refused to look at his face. Back to my interesting drink.

"So how about a round?" Wade asked nudging my arm.

"She promised me a game actually." Ashton piped in squeezing in. Luckily Zander was beside me with his arm around my shoulders and was planted in place.