Chapter 13

"Why are you so quiet?" Zander asked.

Zander and I decided to get take out on the way to my place for a night of Netflix. We were now both on my bed eating.

"Thinking." I answered.

"Hmmmm....I wonder what about. Maybe the sex god who stared at you the whole night like you were the only woman or person in existence?"

"That did not happen?" I scoffed.

"It did. Also your April theory definitely off."

"April has been telling me nonstop about how much she likes him for two weeks now."

"Yes she likes him. He doesn't see her that way."

"Every guy sees April that way. She magazine gorgeous, funny, smart as hell, and my best friend. Meaning I'd never do anything that could hurt her."

"She is but so's this other girl I know named Autumn. Also April is in lust with Nick."

"Untrue. She arguably knows him way better than I do. She knew him in high school and has spent more time with him recently. They spent a lot of time conversing at dinner with the Everly's and there was the day they had dinner together here."

"Yet every time she speaks of him she never mentions anything past his sex appeal. Yet you seem to have conversations with him with substance."

"You mean like a person does with friends?"

"Trust me he does not see you as a friend."

"Maybe not but I'm still not convinced he doesn't feel the same way towards April. And I'm not ok with in any way letting a guy hurt my friendship."

"So tonight could Nick have hung around April?"

"Yeah but-"

"And he sent me to get April could he have gone to tell her?"

"Yeah but-"

"And what about when he told us about Keith, did he seem jealous? He made it clear Keith had certain intentions towards April, did he not? And did Nick seem jealous?"

I sat back and contemplated what Zander said as I shoveled food in my mouth.

"Is Anna pretty?" I'm not even sure where that came from.

Zander looked towards the ceiling.

"Autumn. You don't know who she is. Don't obsess over this."

"I like him Zander. It scares me. I know nothing about him. What if I get hurt?"

Zander pulled me into his side. I gladly curled into him.

"What if it turns into the best experience of you're life? What if's go both ways?"

"She was really pretty."

"Autumn..."

"Your non answer just confirms it." I swallowed. "We kissed."

Zander pulled back and looked at me in shock.

"Bury the lead why don't you!"

"Sorry. I've been trying to figure out what the fuck it means. Also I feel like maybe it shouldn't have happened..."

"Outside of April do you have another reason why?"

"No but-"

"So tell April how you feel. End of that. Now when did this kiss happen?"

"I should have told her before it happened."

"Autumn you honestly had yourself believing the thing between you two was nothing. And it was a kiss. If April can't see that in the end than she isn't really your friend. Now stop stalling. Details now."