Chspter 14

"So what'd you do last night?" Henry asked me. We were on our break and we're sitting at a picnic table eating sandwiches.

"Went to this party." I smiled thinking about Nick and kissing Nick.

"Must have been some party by that grin on your face. Why wasn't I invited?" Henry asked.

"It was off campus. My roommate April's cousin Bianca threw it."

"Wait is this the party that Sophia and Fiona went to?"

"Yeah how'd you know?"

"Instagram and Snapchat. They posted about it all last night. Looked pretty epic. I'm jealous you should have brought me with. I'm tons of fun at a party." He smirked over at me.

"It was all right. I found some fun people to hang out with but in terms of parties wasn't really my scene."

"What is your scene?"

"Something low key. Involves taking less Instagram pictures and actually having fun."

"You're an anomaly in our generation." He said staring at me.

"Thanks?" Not sure if that was a good or bad comment.

"No it's a good thing. But I will say social media isn't all bad. Makes it easier for the right people to connect with you."

"Or the wrong people. Also it's not like I'm in hiding. I have a phone that has all the fun features like calling, video chat, messaging, and if you're really crazy..email."

Henry laughed. Then something caught his attention behind me. His face turned quizzical.

"Isn't that the Everly's son? What's his name?"

"Daniel?"

"No the other one who's around our age?"

"Nick?"

"Yeah him. Isn't that him with that blond girl on his arm?"

I turned around and my eyes immediately found him. He looked as amazing as ever in a long sleeve flannel shirt that had spots of green that made his eyes glow. But what really caught my eye was the blond woman next to him. She was gorgeous. Tall, long legs, blond hair that fell around her face in loose waves, and her face was done up to accent her blue eyes and tan skin that had a glow to it. She held onto one of Nick's biceps as they stood in a group of people.

"Yeah that's him. That's Nick Everly."

Just then Nick's eyes met mine. He instantly smiled at me. I waved at him. He then turned his gave to Henry and his smile grew tight. Glancing back at me before returning to his conversation with his acquaintances.

...

I was just finished with helping two three year olds with their pumpkins. They wanted Elsa and Ana designs. I loved being about to help kids bring to life their ideas. I had to do a lot of the carving then the girls took full advantage of the stick one and crafts we had to further decorate. They found special joy in the glitter. The mom thanked me as the two little girls headed off with giant smiles on their faces.

I was trying to clean off some of the glitter, realistically this wasn't going anywhere any time soon. Glitter and I have a love hate relationship. It's so pretty yet once you touch it, it's forever with you.

"Hey Autumn." I knew that deep voice. I looked over my shoulder to see Nick taking in my appearance with an amused look on his face.

"Nick. Is something amusing you?" I whipped off my hands and turned around. We stared at each other's eyes.