Chapter-28

I opened my eyes as the sun's benign rays gently kissed my delicate face. A wet towel slid down my forehead as I lifted my head. The first thing I saw was Kelvin napping with his back against the bedside table, his head resting on the corner of my bed.

He spent the entire night on the floor.

I smiled as I saw his right hand still on top of mine, our fingers tangled up. He could have slept on the bed if he wished to, yet he decided to sleep on the floor. What a gentleman!

I rested my chin on my hand as I observed him. He looked so cute while sleeping, with his messed up black hair covering his temple. I subconsciously moved my hand forward to shift the locks from his eyes when he stirred.

I instantly pulled my hand back as he opened his eyes. His green eyes fell on our tangled hands, before looking at me. As if a reflex action, we both pulled our hands away in unison at the sudden eye contact.

"Did you have a good sleep?" he asked while stifling a yawn.

"Yea," I replied.

I indeed did.

He pressed his palm against my forehead before muttering, "Hmm, the fever has got down too."

"Thank you-" I mumbled after he was done checking my temperature, "-for taking care of me last night."

He replied with a smile as he rose up to leave. I noticed him stretching his neck with some difficulties. He didn't have a good sleep...

Did he stay up the whole night to look after me?

I stared at my hands after he left the room and found myself blushing for no reason.

Was I starting to like Kelvin?

I freshened up and ambled out of the room to find Kelvin brewing two mugs of coffee on the table.

"Coffee?" he asked, offering me one.

Our fingers brushed as I took the coffee mug from him, and I don't know why but that sent a strange sensation through my body. No particular reason. He rested his back against the wall as he took a sip from his mug.

This posture suited him so much.

"Aren't you going to the bureau today?" I inquired after taking a sip.

"Decided not to. Jonas isn't here as well, and I don't think it will be good to leave you alone."

He stayed back for me?

"Someone seems to have started caring about me," I chuckled, pulling his legs.

To my surprise, he was stealing looks from me. I definitely noticed his lips curving into a small smile behind the coffee mug as a slight pink tint flushed on his cheeks. Wait, he just blushed-

Did I just catch him off guard?

"Well as you said, you're paying me for this," he shrugged as he took another sip.

"Makes sense," I commented.

I felt silly for expecting some other reply. The new feeling couldn't be mutual.

"I'll go to Amberson house today," I said after a while.

I had made up my mind that I would reconcile with my mom.

"I'm glad you decided on that," he smiled.

"Can you give me a ride there?" I asked.

I could drive by myself, but I had this weird urge of spending some more time with him.