Chapter-57

It was Kelvin's letter. The letter he was talking about...

"Amy," Jonas whispered, placing his hand over mine.

"Open it."

I gave a faint nod as I unfolded the folded parchment, and Kelvin's handwriting flashed.

Miss Amyra,

Come to think of it, I never stopped calling you that, did I? Well, I guess some things will never change.

Let me start by saying sorry for giving you the blank piece of paper instead of the letter... I knew you would instantly open the letter as soon as I gave it, so I had to do it to make sure you read it at the right time. I'm stuffing the real letter, this one, in my jacket and leaving it with you, hoping you would find it when the right time comes.

Let me guess, you are probably thinking that I must be drunk again; or else how come the person who doesn't open his mouth unless it's for fighting with you, is writing a letter to you?

Just to clarify, I'm not.

I know it's strange....writing a letter to you that will be read when I'm not there with you anymore, just after I promised to always stay with you. I don't know how much you will be hating me by the time you read this, and maybe this time I can't even say 'Yes I know, and I absolutely love that'. Because this time, you might be genuinely hating me by your heart. And that breaks mine.

But will you please, just for this once, hear out my unspoken words?

Will you hear my story?

My story started when I was thirteen; or ended, I should say. I had the perfect life any teenager would dream to live. I enjoyed all the perks of being my parents' one and only child. I was the 'famous guy' in my school, you know- topper of the batch, leader of the football team, a social butterfly with a friend list of almost the entire school population. Let's make you a bit jealous- I had more girls crushing on me than the number of June's girlfriends. Now before you puff out of anger, and your nose turns red like tomatoes again, yes I know you're not jealous. Or are you?

I can hear an 'Of course not!' already, but hey, did you know that you're really bad at lying?

Anastasia is not my ex by the way!

Back to my story- Life was beautiful, until, that one night. The night that snatched away everything from me. I was driving back home with my parents from a formal party. My parents were at the front and me at the back. The highway was quite clear. But destiny wasn't. Another car whooshed with insanely high speed from the opposite lane, and before I knew what was happening, the car broke into our lane, directly towards our car. Dad tried his best to maneuver the car to avoid an accident, but fate contained worse. Our car crashed with a tree. The last thing I saw was the brutally annihilated front part of the car igniting into thin flames before darkness converged in.