Chapter-29

"Amy!" mom called out.

"Yes mom," I answered, but there was a re-echo of my sound.

It took me a while to realize that little Amy and I had replied simultaneously.

"Amyra I mean," mom smiled.

Little Amy crossed her arms with a puffed-up face, showing disappointment. We all shared a moment of laughter at that; well, except Kelvin, as expected. For some reason, he was standing at a corner of the hall room by the window, glancing outside, ever since we came. Bruno was flitting by his feet; Kelvin had brought him inside.

Maybe he was feeling the odd one out.

"I'll feed you myself today," mom beamed.

"It's been so many years..." she murmured.

So many years, indeed.

"Is that your tiramisu?" I asked enthusiastically, scanning the huge plate in her hand.

"Yes, it was your favorite when you were little-"

"-Do you still love it?" she sounded uneasy.

"Oh yes, she does!" Jonas proclaimed in my place.

"She even ordered tiramisu when we went to a restaurant for the first time."

"Just that never found one as good as yours," I bemoaned.

"Come here," mom called me.

I settled on the same sofa beside her as she fed me the tiramisu. A wave of déjà vu washed over me, drowning me in a pool of nostalgia.

"Mom, I want some too!" Little Amy squeaked, sprinting towards mom.

Mom grabbed another spoon from the table and scooped a spoonful of tiramisu in little Amy's mouth.

"Wait, why should I be left out then?" Jonas joined in, hopping down and settling by mom's knees.

Mom laughed at her children's childishness; this was surely the happiest moment of her life, having three of her kids beside her. There was one last slice left after feeding Jonas.

"Mom, I'm the youngest, I should get it!" little Amy claimed.

"It's for someone else, dear," she replied.

I wondered who it was for.

"Xaviers," she called.

For a moment, I had completely forgotten that he was still in the room.

I noticed him turning sideways, and brushing his face against his arms before coming to mom.

Was he wiping his eyes?

He leaned by the sofa near mom as she bent sideways to give him a side hug.

"Mom adores Xav Bro a lot," Jonas purred.

Should I be delighted about that? Well, you're supposed to be happy knowing that your mom and your potential crush share a good bonding...

Was he my crush though?

"I'll take your leave then, got a call from the bureau," Kelvin apprised after finishing the last slice.

"You never stay," mom complained.

"Some other day," he smiled.

"She has been hearing about your some other day since the past two years and it never comes," Jonas chortled.

Kelvin jabbed him in the back before preparing to depart, to which Jonas produced a high pitched 'Ouch'.

"That hurts, you damn bastard!" he scoffed.