Chapter-55

The bullet didn't hit me. It didn't hit Kelvin either.

Uncle Josh was riveted to the muddy rain-flooded ground, Jonas on top of him. The bullet had hit a tree nearby.

Everything happened in the blink of an eye. Jonas had entered the picture from the back and hurled himself upon Uncle Josh just a nanosecond before the bullet went off.

He saved us.

So it was Jonas over the call...

When and how Kelvin and Jonas got together, I did not know.

"How dare you!" Uncle Josh blustered in between their fight.

"You have to go through me first before you can touch any of them," Jonas gave out in full heroic voice.

While Jonas and Uncle Josh continued to have a hand to hand fight over the gun in Uncle Josh's grasp, I noticed Aunt Lucy taking the chance to point her own gun at Jonas. I propelled myself forward and shoved her away before she could do what she planned.

Aunt Lucy's gun had fallen on the forest floor, and now I was trying to restrain her from picking it up back. I never knew she was so strong, but I was no less now.

Kelvin attempted to join the fight too, but his hand wouldn't let him. It was clear that the pain was too much. It was the same arm where he got shot the last time, just a little higher this time.

While the double fight was going on, the siren of a police car resonated from the distance, growing louder as it approached nearer. Uncle and Aunt looked at each other in terror. I couldn't really relate what was going on and how, but definitely tables had turned.

Uncle Josh thrust Jonas aside with a sudden force as Aunt Lucy did the same on me, both preparing to escape for their lives. The effect was greater because of the rainwater over the Earth, and we both were saved from a serious collision with a tree just by luck.

I regained my balance with the support of the same tree and immediately turned around to see how far Uncle Josh and Aunt Lucy had managed to run. As they both prepared to hurry towards their car for the escape, a known car blocked their path. The sound of the police siren still persisted.

From the car, came out Brian.

"Not yet, my dear Uncle and Aunt," Brian made his remark.

He held up the loudspeakers in his hands from which the siren sound was coming. So it was Brian, not the cops.

"You!" Uncle Josh bawled.

"How did you get here!"

"I always doubted Aunt Lucy," Brian revealed. "Been keeping an eye on her in the hospital, and here we are."

Uncle Josh took a quick glance at each of our faces before saying, "Unfortunately kids, you all can't do anything to me."

"Well, fortunately, someone else can," Jonas interposed.

"Someone else?" Aunt Lucy questioned.

"Look there," Jonas replied, pointing towards their back.

From a distance, the headlights of a police car flashed.

Before Uncle and Aunt could take in the next unexpected danger and react, the police car had already approached. The car door opened instantaneously, and two police officers came out.

The rain had subsided now. The officers made their way straight towards Uncle Josh and handcuffed him. In the meantime, Jonas rushed towards Kelvin, notifying him that the medical team was coming.