Chapter-46

"So June had seen his father's name on the paper when I had dropped it in the car," I thought to myself.

Or...could it mean Jonas Amberson?

No, never. It couldn't be June himself. Or else why would he leave the paper with me before departing?

Well, Mr. Amberson did have a valid reason to be involved with Uncle Josh, so it was probably him. It made sense. June's father was the closest person to him, so it's natural that he wouldn't want to fight against him. Nevertheless, Jonas decided to leave the evidence for me to know why he left. He tried to fulfill the responsibility of both a son and a best friend, and he did it in the best possible way he could.

My whole world had flipped by three-sixty degrees in just a couple of hours. Everything had fallen over the places. A mixture of emotions was building up inside me- grief, regret, pain, anger, frustration, disappointment. The sentiments were eating me up from the inside. It was too much for me to handle now, so much that I needed to get it out somehow.

Not finding anything else around, my eyes settled on the ragged walls of the cave. Only physical pain can suppress this mental pain.

I darted towards the wall and punched it once with my right fist out of instinct. The rough surface scratched my knuckles, sending an overpowering sensation of pain through my nerves. I threw another punch, with my left fist this time. Blood froze over the surface of my skin. My knuckles stung to the extent where my mental agony was actually replaced by the physical one.

"Amy, are you mad!" Kelvin screamed, pulling me away from the wall.

His hands were clasped firmly around both of my wrists to prevent me from punching further. I wouldn't stop though; I strained to free my wrists as I lurched my head sideways.

"Leave me alone!" I howled.

I even kicked Kelvin with my legs in the process to shove him back. I had completely lost control over myself at that point in time. My mind was not working.

"Shush Amy, shush," he tried to hush me as he pressed his forehead against mine.

My wrists were still in his grip.

"Let me-" I wailed again, but for some reason or other, the pitch dropped at the end.

"Shushhh," he repeated under his breath.

I actually hushed this time as our breaths synced.

"Why does everyone have to leave me..." I muttered after a while, breaking down into tears.

Kelvin loosened his grasp.

"You want to punch, right?" he asked in a whisper.

I remained silent. I didn't want to prove myself like a maniac who had just escaped from a mental hospital.

"Hit me," Kelvin said, inching two steps back.

"What?" I mumbled in surprise.

"You want to punch something, right?"

I didn't reply.

"Feel free to use me as your punching bag until you calm down," he gave away.