Chapter-52

"Ah, Amyra!" Uncle Josh spoke. "Shocked to find out who's working with me?"

I remained quiet. 'Shocked' would be too much of an understatement.

"You got astray for a while Xaviers," Uncle Josh scoffed, turning to Kelvin. "But now you know that love won't give you anything."

"I gave you everything," he added in a higher pitch for emphasis.

What did he give him?

"Well Mr. Valdez, you can't disagree with the fact that I played the smarter part here," Kelvin replied with a mild smirk, releasing my mouth from his clasp.

"So smart that Miss Amyra almost believed that I was deeply in love with her or something," he continued as if those words meant nothing.

I wish they didn't.

It hurt so much more when I heard them from his mouth. So freaking much that I wished he had killed me before saying all these. He wasn't even looking at me.

I felt disgusted. I had been used.

He helped Uncle Josh to kill Uncle Dave and Pappa. He even attempted to kill me, and when he couldn't, he just played with my feelings to destroy me from inside. I didn't know why he did all these, that didn't even matter now actually.

I just hated him, hated him even more than I had loved him.

"Indeed," Uncle Josh replied. "Good that you came back to track on time."

"Uncle Josh-" I gasped.

"Yes Amyra," he addressed back with a smile that radiated vice. "Long time no see."

"What had your elder brothers ever done to you-?" I spurted the words. "They always- adored you-so much."

"Adored me huh," he derided.

"They never gave me a fraction of the rights. The property was supposed to be equally divided after our parents' death, but your Uncle Dave and Pappa wanted to dominate over their younger brothers. And in case you didn't know, they were no great man either. Only if you knew about their countless misdeeds to which they escaped just because Brother Nick and I always remained shut-"

"You don't still feel a bit of guilt," I cut him off with contempt.

I couldn't just accept the fact that he could stoop so low...

"Yes I know that I shouldn't have killed them perhaps," he muttered, faking pangs of conscience.

"Perhaps?" I reiterated the word.

How come he didn't feel ashamed yet?

"And I didn't mean to kill Brother Nick," he sighed.

"He came in my way himself by collecting evidence against me. I just needed to stop him."

There wasn't a touch of remorse on his face.

"And I'm going to remove every living soul who comes in my way," he announced in the most serious tone.

The menacing note in his voice made every hair on my body stand.

He was staring at me.

"Don't you think she should die in your hands, Xaviers?" Uncle Josh asked as his lips curled into a nasty smile.

To my surprise, Kelvin didn't give any reaction, as if he knew about it beforehand.

Had they both planned it together?