Chapter-39

I was feeding Bruno with his morning treats when there was a knock on the door.

"Knock knock," Jonas said merrily pfrom the other side of the slightly ajar door.

"Who's there?" I asked in the same jolly style.

"Crush," he answered.

"Crush who?" I continued.

"Seriously, I wonder how many crushes you have."

I really didn't know whether to laugh or cry at his failed attempt at a knock-knock joke, so I just covered my face with my hand to conceal the mixed reaction and stifled laughter on my face.

"None, right now," I said casually as Jonas entered the room.

"I thought there's one," he teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I didn't fall in love with him or something," I defended quickly.

"With whom?"

"Kelvin, who else? You're talking about him, right?"

"But I didn't say anything," Jonas chortled. "You just confessed it by yourself."

I banged my head against my palm, realizing how silly I was. I was indeed caught red-handed.

"C'mon Amy, I'm your best friend. If I don't know you the best, then who does?" he grinned.

"Won't disagree on that," I chuckled.

"So, how are things going on between you two?" he continued, nudging me by the elbow.

"There's nothing," I claimed, although I could say that a blush clearly spread across my cheeks.

Well, I did wish there was something.

"Awww, you have completely fallen Amy," Jonas remarked with a smirk.

"Although I thought you would fall for me," he jested, faking a sigh.

I giggled as I mentioned for the hundredth time, "You're never changing."

Precipitously, he rose up, picking me up with him. He twirled me around in glee without any warning.

"Why are you dancing?" I asked in surprise.

"Because- I had always wanted you two to pair up!" he squeaked.

"Speak softly, he'll hear you," I warned, clamping a hand over his mouth as if Kelvin was right beside us.

"Fine fine, secret it is," he whispered.

"Just imagine, your and Xav Bro's wedding day, and I'll be the Man of Honor."

He spread his arms wide as he said it, imitating the way he would make his entry as the 'Man of Honor'. He seemed more excited than I was. I hadn't thought that far.

"You think too much," I laughed it away, although I couldn't help but picture that 'big day' in my mind.

Kelvin in a groom suit, looking as handsome as ever, approaching the bridal me with Jonas by his side.

"Where you lost at?" Jonas asked while snapping his finger in front of my eyes, bringing me back to reality.

He seemed suspicious.

"Um, I don't even know if he likes me."

"Hmmm, it's hard to guess what goes on in Xav Bro's mind, heart is a more faraway subject," he commented.

Jonas paced to and fro in the room, analyzing too seriously how Kelvin and I would make a compatible match. Well, I agreed with him as he said that Kelvin would need someone who could stand up to him, someone stubborn enough to kill his stubbornness. And of course, someone who could see the completely different person behind the strict mask that he showed to the world.