Chapter-37

Jonas wouldn't agree to return home before having ice cream, so we stopped by an ice cream parlor nearby to fulfill his stubbornness.

"One cookies and cream, and one strawberry serve," Kelvin placed the order.

"Who's missing out?" I asked.

"Me," he replied. "No distraction during driving, remember?"

This man was something else. Like, how can someone say no to ice cream with that excuse?

"Yum, it's too good," I purred intentionally after getting my serve, trying to make Kelvin regret his decision. "Someone missed it!"

Whatsoever, Kelvin managed to give no reaction, and to my annoyance, silently mounted the bike.

A soft breeze brushed my skin as the bike jerked to motion. It was a gentle zephyr, but the impact felt icy-cold, thanks to our waterlogged clothes.

"I want to try the cookies and cream too," I insisted after having a few licks of my strawberry serve.

Jonas let me have a spoonful from his cup, taking a huge bite from my cone in return.

"You got the better one, not fair!" I complained, finding his one more flavoursome.

He smirked as he scooped a dollop of it into Kelvin's mouth. Although Kelvin clearly seemed to be thanking Jonas in his mind, he didn't find it necessary to say anything because 'no distraction during driving'.

I had almost finished mine, only the scrumptious tip of the cone was left now. The best part. Just when I was about to savour every tiny bite of it, something got into my mind. I don't know why, but I called Kelvin and let him have it. He was baffled by the sudden offer, but who could possibly reject such a delight?

Just to let you know, I never share the tip of my ice cream cone with anyone.

I was half asleep by the time we reached home. It was indeed a day to remember. Kelvin and Jonas had to call me a few times before I finally woke up from my nap. Jonas apprised that he would be fetching Bruno from Mrs. Arabella's house, so I tottered upstairs without any tension.

The first thing I did was take a warm shower, giving extra care on washing off the salt from my hair. I was about to make my bed when Jonas knocked on the door.

"Amy, Dad has called. He wants to talk to you," he notified.

Mr. Amberson wished to talk to me? Why though?

For some reason, it didn't seem like a good omen. I just hoped that it was not the arrival of a new trouble.

I joined the call and greeted him formally.

"Amyra, can I talk to you about the case?" he asked directly, not obfuscating the matter.

After I gave my approval, he spoke again, "Do you have a will left by your father?"