9 Dragon head on the carpet

Third POV

It has been some months since the trial of Sirius Black and the appearance of Lord Slytherin. The public has been going crazy over it and it has become a known fact that Lord Slytherin is actively changing Wizarding Laws.

Dumbledore, The Minister and the pink road who had been supportive of these laws were going head to head with him as written by Rita Skeeter in the Daily Prophet. Sirius who has returned to the Grimmould Palace has been warmly received by Remus who apologized indefinitely to his dear friend.

Meanwhile, the Slytherin's and their newest friends have been getting a repetitive visitor in the Slytherin common room. They, as well as the usually cold potions master, have been keeping the creature a secret from the rest of the staff. One thing they all know is that the dragon can understand their words but has never really spoken with them. It tries to convey its opinions on different ways. Most, by using magic.

Currently it comes by during the evening, early in the morning (it sticks its nose through the bedroom windows before purring ->waking any who slept in) or in between Breakfast and lunch. Draco and some others were currently returning from the great Hall. Opening the CR they stepped inside already seeing the Dragons head in the Room. For some strange reason - which Prof. Snape is still trying to figure out - any part of the dragons body just phases through the halls of the castle (A/N: heir of Hogwarts duh? He can move around as he wishes)

"We're back." said the blond teen into the common room. The dragon released a soft breath from its nostrils in their direction while breathing. "How were the brats this time?" asked Greengrass towards the non-Slytherin. Fred and George decided to play drama Queen and histerically slid town on the sides of the dragons neck while holding the back of one of their hands to their own forehead.

"Attitude, we tell you. Miss know it all was boasting about getting an O in an essay on Ancient runes and wouldn't shut up about it" said the two twins together. "Ronald was sucking up to players of the Griffindor house to let him play in the house team." said Neville sighing while rubbing his nose bridge.

"Let him. If he does we can deal with him on the field." said Flitch with a grin smirking, probably already imagining kicking the weasel off his broomstick. Some were amused by his suggestion. A guttering rumble from the dragon's throat told them they weren't the only ones to find it funny. Suddenly the dragon breathed out black smoke with some different colored flames. The students watched what the beast was going to show them.

The flames were within pieces of the black smoke giving them some colours. There was green and red, as well as brown, gold-Amber, and some light blue and yellow. It was quick to understand that it was supposed to be the Quidditch field with Slytherin against Griffindor. A red smoke with a weasel shortly above led them to believe that Ronald was on a broom in front of the rings. The green and red smokes in the fields were obviously the players chasing after the balls.

One green dot shot a small round ball of smoke towards the rings. They saw it collide with the weasel and him falling down in a sloppy
S-motion. Theodore was the first to understand the dragon and stated snorting in amusement. "If he doesn't do a poor job at being a keeper and falling down first!"

The dragon snorted through his nose in confirmation making the smoke disappear and the students laugh at the very idea. "True he doesn't need any help at being an idiot!" said Zabini wiping a few tears away from his eyes from the joke that was the plain truth.

Suddenly Snape entered the CR,founding his snake's and the usual bunch laughing before most of them then tried to compose themselves as quietly as possible. "Thank you." said the prof after it was mostly quiet. "now then I have an announcement that must absolutely NOT leave these walls got it?" asked Snape looking around.

His Snakes nodded as did the transfers and Neville. The twins zipped each other's mouths shut and threw the 'key' into the mouth of the green dragon who had opened it cuz he anticipated them doing it. Settled with that answer but unimpressed at the twins he stated: "First-off: we will be getting a new DADA teacher starting next year. You will know who tomorrow morning at breakfast. Secondly: Malfoy's parents and some of their friends are gonna come by tomorrow to get you for the school break. They will come through the floo network so please don't leave your trunks in the CR. We don't want to leave a bad impression." told them their head-of-house.

He glanced at the dragon (Or Harry). "If tomorrow they arrive and no one is here I ask of you to simply retreat back into the water and not attack them..." he looked thoughtful at the end before looking at the kids/teens.

"Have you given it - him, a name yet?" asked the dungeon-bat looking between the beast and his students.

"Well~ we started a pool and the options are currently: Jade(Draco) , Emerald(Zabini) , Loki(twins) , Welsh(Victor), Topaz (Neville) and Hadrian (Luna)." stated Theo.

"Does it have any preference to any of these names? It will be its name or the one we will call him by... You are letting it decide too right?" questions the professor only to ask the last question at seeing everyone looking at the dragon or away.

With that one by one the names were called to the dragon.

"Loki?" asked the twins only to get a shake of the dragons head.

"Emerald?" - asked Zabini with the same result.

"Hadrian" said Luna. The dragon looked at her with a peculiar look before shaking his head again.

"Topaz?" came from Neville but again, a shake. The others looked at Draco and Victor since their suggestions were the only ones left. The dragon had known of this debate for a while now so it should've already come to a decision and it wasn't any of the previous ones.

Draco stepped forward "Jade?". This time the dragon didn't shake his head, instead they heard a weird rumble that was neither a growl or a purr. The dragon looked at Victor who then asked "Welsh?". This time the sound was amused but it wasn't a 'yes'. It was similar to the one he gave Draco.

The students had confusion written all over their faces much to Hadrian's amusement. Snape could see that by the dragons eyes which were like ^^ but still slightly open. It was plain mirth.

Deciding to help his friends Hadrian did the thing with the smoke again. One was above each of the students who said one of the many names. However only Victor had a tick mark above their heads but their was a line of smoke connected between them.

".. You want both names?" realized Draco looking the Dragon in the eyes. A purr? Came from the dragon as response.

"Welsh Jade?" asked one of the twins. The dragon snorted making the smoke form an ✖️.

"Then Jade Welsh?" that was closer as he made a ✔️. But they felt that something was still up.

"Hmm. Maybe change Jade? Something similar but a bit more... Boy-ish?" suggested Theo looking to the dragon receiving a tuff of smoke on a O form in the face. Some chuckled at the action before brain-storming.

Jade... Jazz... James... Yule? No...

Finally Neville suggested the name the dragon seemingly wanted
"How about Jake? It's a muggle name so I don't know if he'd like it or not... " but the dragon merely answered him by making coloured smoke explode over Neville's head like fireworks.

"Jake Welsh?" summarized Draco.
The dragon or now known as Jake retracted back into the water making the ones who land on him fall to the floor. Looking outdide the glass window the dragon swam in loopings before stopping in front of the glass nodding.

"Guess it's decided, his name will be Jake Welsh." stated the Slitherin prince into the room with a raised eyebrow. Severus had the slightest opinion of wanting to know, what his snake's actually thought a dragon was!