13 Harry's Childhood

My POV

Arriving at Hogwarts Snape and the students split up and got together a few others (Sirius, Remus, McGonagall, Pomfrey, Flitwick, Hagrid, All of Slytherin and those who would've been in DA except for Hermione and Ron, but a few more overall). Cedric had led them to the fabled ROR where a giant thick table was filled with water. It looked like a ginormous version of the roundtable only with Benches around it.

"Exactly why are we doing this? And how did you find this room? And most importantly, why did you tell me not to inform Albus of this?" asked Minerva skeptically.

"Minerva, it was the students idea. They were also the ones who found the room. As for your last question.. why don't you ask again when we're finished?" replied Severus without a sneer in his tone which surprised most kids.
One of the 7th year Ravenclaw's which Fleur brought along asked
"Why exactly are we here? Not that it isn't fascinating to see the interior of the fabled Room of Requirements, but for what reason? And with all of the houses and our teachers?"

The instigators went next to each other on one part of the round table and the rest more or less did the same while some wondered about the particular table. Cedric being a well spoken of Hufflepuff amongst all of Hogwarts spoke in response to the Ravenclaw and the others: "First of all, thank all of you for coming. Now, the reason for this gathering is - more or less - for a memorial service. I don't think I need to say for who. But seeing as his Godfather is here me and some others thought of sharing our memories of him with all of you. We have different houses here because he had friends among all the houses, well... more or less. I'm sure all of you would be interested, else you wouldn't be here."

With that it was quiet with only a few looking at each other, some were however stepping closer to the table now realizing that it was a substitute for a pensive. Minerva as well as Sirius, Remus, Hagrid surprisingly as well as Snape of course were amongst them. Seeing what the teachers were doing the rest of the kids and teenagers did the same. "Now then, we have memories of multiple people here and the table will show them in chronological order meaning, starting from his first year. Don't worry, with this pensive you can breathe and so we will be able to talk thx to the ROR. Now! Happy diving." said Cedric and one after the next (kinda like a wave) they all held their head into the tables water and opened their eyes to the multitude of images.

.... "HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SLYTHERIN!?" (the underlined parts are from the DE group, if its within the text someone says it or sth similar. Individually is well..)

"Are you kidding me?!" said Snape with a face none have seen him with before, well the students for the most part didn't: shock.

"He really was just like me.." muttered Tom to himself. While Lucius was proud at his son's fast placing he was also surprised that a Potter could've been placed in Slytherin, which would've been a first. Well... except that Grandfather of his which was as well but he married into the house
of Potter and that doesn't count.

"Why didn't he go to Slytherin if it was his true house?" wondered a Ravenclaw. "I mean, once you are a member of a house they have to accept you regardless of background no?" she looked at the Slytherin's at this (btw. they are all in a circle so the houses are next to each other with the teachers in-between them).

"Of course. Hogwarts is like a second home for all of us. On this all houses agree upon, after all, Professor McGonagall said it back then before we even entered the hall." was said by the 🐍prince.

'Why didn't he if it would've been better?' they all asked themselves.

The memories continued.

Honestly no one was surprised at the potion master's behaviour however, Snape would've want nothing more than to face a wall at the moment since he now knew things he had never really bothered knowing before.

The Griffindor's looked proudly at their former seeker. THE DE however looked pointedly at Tom knowing that Snape was probably just muttering the counter-spell and Tom was at the back of Qiurrels head back then. Tom at least had the decency to flash them a sheepish smile and hunched his shoulders.

"Ewww" said those thinking back on it now more civilized or with their own health in mind.
"He caught the Snitch with his own mouth?" Sirius said while blinking owlishly, he wasn't expecting that.
"It wasn't Snape?" asked Hagrid.

"My apologies for saying this but... Is the kid suicidal!? He stood on his broom!" yelled Bellatrix. The Lestrange twins agreed, even they would be more cautious than that. Greyback meanwhile eyed the Wizards and Witches near him. They wouldn't try that too would they? Are Wizards and Witches actually coo-coo in the head? Thank his lucky stars that nobody looked in his direction else they'd be very offended at what his face indicated.

(Unbeknownst to everyone Hogwarts was connecting the Viewing in the ROR to the one at Malfoy manor and might've also brought the DE into its own walls. Basically they were all now on the very same pensive but neither group was aware of the other and neither pulled out of the pensive since they could still get air.)

Among the viewers however, someone had a scale as a necklace tucked into their school robes and it was fished out by the water for all to see. In front of their very own eyes they saw a tiny object evaporate and the water turned a toxic shade of green while the water moved in circular motions.
(DE only saw the sudden change)

"What the!"
"What's going on!?"
"What is happening? Who is causing this?!"

Was yelled until it all stopped when the water ceased spinning. Some felt like barfing but didn't want the goo from that in their faces so they held it in. Now, in front of them stood a row of houses all very similar to each other. On a road shield stood 'Privet Drive'. Most eyes immediately darted around until they landed on the one with a number 4 on it. "I didn't know what happened but whatever caused this it is now probably the reason for what we're about to see next." stated Professor Flitwick.
The image fixed in on it and they saw..