10 School Break

Hadrian's POV

~next morning~

'They're going to be late~' I thought amused swimming past a couple windows of different bedrooms. I went to the Common room where a few students were smirking when they noticed that some weren't up jet. Among them I saw my previous most-hated Teacher, Professor Snape who looked at me. I gave a feral grin nodding. He closed his eyes while crossing his arms above his chest before giving an indication with his head which he moved once to the side and jerked it quickly back. I smirked even more at his display of [get on with it].

I swam to the rooms of the different students, put my head to one of the windows and gave a slow growl. Typically if that doesn't wake them up I even roar.
Which apperantly a few needed. Even from outside the windows and inside water I could hear the kids and teens shriek in surprise.
I swam back to the giant glass of the common rooms and saw some students laughing at the poor victims of my wake-up call. But hey, they all agreed that I can do it. So what's the harm~? 😼

One group after the other they all filed out of the room to the GH. 'Let's get some breakfast as well' I thought swimming back to my lair in the Basilisk nest. I turned human and entered the interior provided by the ROR. on a table lay breakfast that one of the house elves got for me. The only ones that didn't know about me at Hogwarts were the humans, the Snakes and some of my friends only knew of the dragon that they found.

'Mhmmmm~ Eggs and Bacon, delicious. Now some Juice~'

My POV

While Hadrian enjoyed his breakfast the last of the Slytherin's entered the Great Hall and sat down to eat theirs. Dumb-as-a-door decided at that moment he can announce the new addition to the staff starting next year. "Morning, dear students. I hope each of you have had a pleasant sleep before you go home and enjoy the school breaks with your family. For all those of you, who will remain at Hogwarts, please take note of the regular school rules; just because there will be no lessons doesn't mean Spells should be used day-in and day-out. I also want to inform you of the two new additions to the teaching-staff starting next semester. They will be the new DADA teachers and will have either joined, separate or individual classes. May I present: Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. *they entered and sat at the teachers table*. I also wish all of you a nice break regardless. Before I forget, flying is not allowed on campus, if you want to do so go to the Quidditch field together with a teacher. That will be all."

Everyone began eating with some eyeing the two new teachers. Snape who was next to Sirius who was next to Remus looked at his past tormenters. He felt a bit of sympathy for Sirius. Though he didn't like the man much he wouldn't wish it on anyone to lose a godson. He himself wouldn't - couldn't - imagine what it feels like. It is a known fact now how Sirius Black was actually Harry Potters Godfather and had been mourning ever since he heard the news from Remus.

-Timeskip brought to you by Lucius who waits in Hogsmead to get Draco home for school break -

After getting their trunks, each of the students patted Jake's head bidding him a 'till next year' or 'see you after school break'. Hadrian gave a deep rumble as reply. The silver trio and the close friends of Slytherin (😈😈 and Neville) promised him some souvenirs when they returned. Hadrian purred before remembering sth. He gave a quiet roar before the students exited the CR. They all turned back to the dragon shocked, Snape raised his eyebrow in wonder while his posture was more startled.

Hadrian closed his eyes before some of his scales broke from his hide. In total 6 scales however they glowed before splitting in smaller versions of Hadrian's scales. Each of the now 87 scales flew to a student and became an accessory. They looked at Jake who gave them his best attempt at a dragon smile. They all thanked him for the nice accessory before leaving Hogwarts. Snape was astounded at the present (A/N: he got one as a brooch) he felt a magic presence in the object but he could only find it non-harmful.

Sirius's POV

~one 1/2 weeks into the break~

During the School break me and Remus smelled some weird scents on some of the students and Snivelus. It was mostly the Slytherin's with one Ravenclaw, Griffindor and Hufflepuff. Both of us monitored the students from the other houses through our map and found them occasionally going into the Slytherin's common rooms?!

We decided to investigate by sneaking into the dorms after dinner, leaving as one of the first. Entering we heard some heavy breathing inside. Both of us drew our wands before casting a Lumos on the surrounding area. We looked around stepping down the stairs. When we were near the last ones we had seen the interior of the CR with some giant green black shadow on the carpet near the glass. We stepped quietly into the room so as to make little noise.

"There is that scent again! It's much stronger than it was on the students! It should be nearby." I said quietly to Remus who agreed.

"Yes. It smells wet and like some kind of animal... Are the Slytherin's keeping some creature hostage? Or as a pet?" he asked.

(A/N: Unbeknownst to the two of them Hadrian heard, seen and already knew of them the moment they entered the CR. 'Sirius?! And is the other one Remus!? Griphook must've gotten him released from Azkaban then!')

We slowly stepped closer to the staircases which were separated by the giant glass wall. The moment I stepped closer I  suddenly saw green eyes stare back at me. And was that a tail I saw outside the glass wall! I reeled back in shock and fear releasing a slight yell from my mouth. Remus who heard it lighted the Fireplace with a spell illuminating the whole room by the lighted fire.

There, in front of us, lay a dragon head with its eyes open seemingly looking back at us. (A/N: Both of them shrieked to the inner amusement of the dragon.)

Before we could uttered any other spells we heard the entrance opened again and Snape with some students entered. We were discovered and I quite frankly didn't know what to do now.

My POV

The Slytherin's and Snape entered the Common room faster when they saw light on the bottom of the stairs. The walked down the stairs only to see the newest teachers, Sirius and Remus, look like a deer in headlights next to Jake's head who looked at them amused.

Snape silently praised the dragon for not attacking yet but was also kinda disappointed that he didn't give them a make over. Remus who was the first questioned WHY a dragon - a living one judging by the fact it spit smoke at Sirius's face - was inside the school!

The Slytherin's debated over what they should do when Pansy, Zabini and Snape went forward. Snape explained things from his standpoint only for Zabini to interrupt him saying what happened back at the Quidditch match with Slytherin vs Hufflepuff. They stated that he was harmless (Sirius: "You named him!?"; exhausted Snape: "Yes they did and he is fine with that.")

They... also informed them of their observations of Harry Potter when he was in school and with his friends. Remus who was the calmer one usually, easily figured out what they were told and his eyes glew slightly golden, however a puff of smoke broke him out of it. Remus looked at the Dragon who pointed at Sirius who looked at the fireplace lividly.

Remus moved to Sirius and hugged him calming him down. They both hugged with sobs escaping from their mouths. The others just stayed quiet while Jake rubbed his snout next to them. They both looked at the dragon with oh so familiar coloured eyes who looked at them apologetic and with sympathy. "Yeah... Sorry. And thank you. Someone like you really doesn't appear to mean any harm" said Remus to which Sirius slightly nodded in agreement.

Snape and his students looked at each other. Guess they found an ally of sorts in the two new teachers regarding this secret. They sighed out of relief at how things turned out.