Millie's birthday

*Millie POV*
I woke up at 9am without having a nightmare so I was happy I put on my record player and danced and sang around oh if you didn't know it was my birthday my dad was still asleep but I didn't care I just can't believe that it's been a year since I've known Chris and every day was getting better. As I turned around dancing facing away from the door so I didn't see Chris come in but I did hear the record button so I knew straight away that he was there but I kept dancing knowing that dad would love it and I was right because he joined in.

*Chris POV*
I think M thought I was still asleep because she didn't notice me filming her well she probably did but played it off. I was filming her because she was dancing around so full of joy I was so happy that I adopted her I can't believe that it's been a year after I filmed M I joined in why not she's my birthday girl after all.

Once we finished I took her downstairs and gave her a slice of red velvet and her present when she opened it her face lit up with a smile it was a picture of us when we went out to the park and it was one of the greatest days we had then she found a little box at the bottom of the box it had a necklace in it, it was shaped as a sunflower and she gave me a big hug and thanked me.

*millie POV*
We got the Downeys as he wanted us over he said to dress nice so I put a blue dress on with a zip up hoodie over the top because of my arms and I put on my moms ring. I came down to see dad who was wearing a button up shirt and a pair of trousers he had a smile across his face when he saw me it was probably because I was wearing a dress for the first time Dad got me working out with him only like jogs or something he said it was good for me so my dress fitted nicely now. "Once you finish staring can we please go?" I asked laughing "yeah let go" he replied confused of what just happened I was laughing so hard I was almost not breathing "ha ha very funny" dad said sarcastically "it really is" I laughed "come on let's go" dad said rolling his eyes.

When we got to Roberts he was taking us out for food in a Indian restaurant he just knows my favorite food I absolutely love it and my family I'm so happy to have Robert in my life and I'm even more so to have Chris. After we ate dad and I left to go home and watch a movie and have some ice cream There's apart of me that thought that I was being a burden on my dad. "Love you" I heard my dad say pulling me out of my thoughts "love you too" I replied.

*Chris POV*
As I watched Millie go up to bed I was thinking about how amazing it was to be Millie's dad but I'm sure she thinks that she's being a burden which she is not. As I got to the kitchen I cut up two slices of cake and two hot chocolates I walked up into M's room with her shuffling up her bed for me to sit on with her I handed her the cake and drink we ate the cake first to let the drinks cool down. "You alright M?" I asked "I'm good you?" She responded "perfect" was my answer as it was true I love Millie so much and she knew that.