Episode Guide to "Dolunay" ("Full Moon"): Episode #3

At the end of Episode 2:  Later Ferit brings Bulut from the hospital and is taking care of him at his house. Engin offers support as they arrange for a nurse to come in the next day. Bulut makes angry demands for food but Ferit tells him it is too late to eat. Bulut complains that if Nazli was there, she would make him whatever he wants. Ferit reminds him that Nazli doesn't work there anymore and carries him off to bed. The next morning Bulut's continuing anger and belligerence causes the nurses to quit. At their apartment, we see Nazli and Fatos enjoying a cup of coffee when the doorbell rings. Nazli answers it and is surprised to find Ferit at her door. He looks emotionally beaten down. Nazli instinctively wants to comfort him but catches herself. Instead, she asks him in a very cold voice, "What are you doing here?"  

**********

Nazli opens the door to Ferit standing on her doorstep looking exhausted, worried and sad. Nazli starts by giving him a dirty look, but being the sweet girl that she is, her eyes change to a look of pity and sadness when she takes in his expression. Then she is completely surprised when he asks, "Would you please work for me again?" He quickly adds that Bulut needs her and to please come back. Nazli starts to decline Ferit's offer until Bulut appears behind him, carried by his nurse and holding his little pair of crutches. Nazli melts on the spot and kneels to greet him. They exchange the usual pleasantries until Fatos whisks Bulut away to check out the apartment.

This leaves Nazli and Ferit alone in the entryway. Ferit explains how after the accident, Bulut has become a completely different kid. He's nervous, angry, and antsy so he needs someone like her to help him. He adds that Bulut loves and trusts her. Of course, Nazli says the feelings are mutual. But she can't get past the memory of what Ferit accused her of. He assures her this is just a professional relationship. Not backing down, Nazli says she questions his professionalism. He responds that he doesn't want to quarrel but Bulut needs her help... and so does he. Ferit is finally up against something his money can't fix.

He asks if she can forget the past and start over? After giving it some thought, Nazli admits that she can. Their eyes lock as Ferit waits for her decision. In typical "Ferit style", he asks if she will come or not. He is not going to beg and is waiting for an answer. She hesitates a couple more seconds, then smiles and replies, "Ok, I accept your offer". Ferit looks relieved and returns a small smile, letting go of the breath he was holding. He goes on to explain to her that she needs to stay overnight. She is taken aback by this, clarifying "With you?". Ferit quickly explains that she will have her own room, but since Bulut has nightmares, she needs to be there at night. Nazli agrees and Ferit extends his hand toward her to seal the deal with a handshake. She looks in his eyes and then down at his extended hand, as though hesitant to feel his touch. First, she takes only his fingertips in her small hand, hesitates a moment, then clenches his fingers. She hesitates again but then slides her hand up to meet his in a full grasp.

Nazli looks as though she has just made a pact with the Devil himself while Ferit smiles in relief as if she is an angel sent from heaven. Bulut is over the moon when he hears that Nazli agreed to come and live with them. You see the first real smile cross Ferit's face since this ordeal began.

The next day when Nazli arrives for duty, Deniz has also come to the house. Ferit welcomes Nazli saying he is glad she didn't regret accepting his offer. She quickly retorts, "You haven't done anything since yesterday to make me regret it". Nazli may be sweet but she can hold her own with Ferit.

Ferit gives Nazli the rundown of what she can expect. She gives him a smile as if to say, "I've got this," and goes into the living room to see Bulut, who is very excited she has come. Ferit feels relief as he watches the exchange between them. When he learns Deniz plans on staying at the house with them for a while, he quickly tells Deniz he is needed at the company. Ferit is aware of the friendship between Deniz and Nazli but doesn't know what to make of it. He can see that Deniz's feelings for Nazli are growing. There is a long-standing bond between Ferit and Deniz. Their families have been intertwined for years because of the business.