Episode Guide for "Dolunay" ("Full Moon"): Episode #7

At the end of Episode #6:  They continue with small talk until Ferit notices Nazli has chocolate on the side of her mouth. She tries to wipe it away but misses it each time. Ferit joins her on her couch and his eyes run over her face. They are mere inches apart as he wipes the chocolate away from her mouth with a napkin. Then he stays sitting next to her. Nazli covers the awkward moment by offering to make the dessert for him anytime he wants it. Then she wipes her mouth with her hand, like she is trying to erase his touch. 

********** 

A courier interrupts Ferit and Nazli and she leaves to clean up the kitchen. The plain envelope addressed to Ferit contained a flash drive from Demet. He is sitting on the couch ready to open it but is distracted when he hears the sound of breaking glass. A glass has slipped from Nazli's hand while she is on the phone with Ausman. Nazli is telling her she needs to intercept the envelope containing the proof that she stole the documents. Ferit rushes into the kitchen and finds Nazli picking up the pieces of broken glass. He asks her to stop when he sees she has cut her hand. He carefully sits her down on a chair and gently cleans her wounds. He tenderly wipes a tear from her face and tells her that it was a good morning. Now that he feels better, he is going into work. He asks her to put the mail away in a drawer and he will deal with it later. After Ferit leaves, Nazli opens the envelope, removes and then destroys the flash drive.

At the end of the day, Ferit arrives home just as Nazli is leaving. He asks about her hand then gently takes it in his to examine it. They exchange shy smiles and glances that reflect their new awareness of each other. Their moments spent together the previous night and their awakening feelings towards each other are still fresh and new. Unfortunately, Deniz drops in right then and this moment is lost. Nazli takes a phone call and looks disappointed when she hangs up. Deniz asks her if everything is okay. Ferit looks on with interest as Nazli explains that she has been trying to get a ticket to watch a famous chef from Iran that is now in Turkey. Her last-ditch effort to get in through her cooking instructor failed. She is obviously very disappointed but tries not to show it.

Trying to lighten the mood, Deniz announces that he bought a bar and asks them to join him there tonight to celebrate. Nazli declines and Ferit is on the fence, saying it depends on how he feels. Later that night, he does show up. Fatos sees him and calls Nazli to let her know he (aka, "The Iceberg") did come and she should come too. Fatos is unaware that Ferit is behind her when she bellows out his name to Nazli over the noise of the bar. Ferit asks Fatos to tell Nazli he would be very happy if she came. Hearing Ferit's voice over the phone, Nazli puts her self-made pity party aside and gets ready.

At the bar, Nazli and Ferit make some small talk and exchange smiles and shy looks. Then Nazli joins Ausman, Fatos and Aiyla on the dance floor. Ferit and Engin watch the girls with interest then Deniz joins them. Once Ferit sees Nazli go back to her table alone, he walks over and joins her. He says he can read her thoughts (like she did his at Bulut's party) and nails it by telling her she wants to leave. He knows she is still bummed that she couldn't get a ticket to see the famous chef. He also knows she hasn't eaten anything all day and invites her to dinner; she accepts.

Nazli picks a quaint, intimate restaurant by the sea. Once there, Nazli greets the owner and she and Ferit enjoy a nice meal, talking easily together. She tells Ferit that this restaurant is the best kept secret in town but it has a rule. You only bring people there that you love. Upon realizing what she just said, she quickly back-pedals and rushes to say, "It could be your mom, brother or sister".

The owner of the restaurant turns off some of the lights and puts on music which ramps up the "romantic meter" 100%. Ferit comments that he likes the song that is playing and that it's strange that it should play so suddenly. Nazli replies, "Nice things show up suddenly". Ferit says, "This song has a rule of its own" and asks her to dance. They start out in the typical slow-dance posture with Nazli's right hand in his left and her left hand resting lightly on his right shoulder. But as the song progresses, Ferit lifts her right hand and places it on his left shoulder while his arms go around her, bringing her closer. This totally changes the dynamic of the dance and they gaze into each other's eyes as the music plays.

The next day, they appear in court for Bulut's second custody hearing. The lawyer for Demet and Hakan shows pictures of Ferit and a female friend having dinner, and then a picture of Ferit and Nazli dancing closely together the night before. This is an attempt to show that Ferit is a womanizer and having affairs, the latest with his cook who is also Bulut's nanny. The claim is made then that Ferit is unfit to raise a child. Nazli is mortified and leaves the courtroom. Unfortunately, the judge agrees with the claim and grants custody again to Demet and Hakan.

Nazli is also crushed, thinking that it was her fault the judge's decision did not favor Ferit. She is standing beside him with tears in her eyes watching this all unfold. After the judge makes his ruling, Ferit walks away and doesn't even acknowledge her. She looks completely crestfallen.

That evening the guilt Nazli feels over Ausman's hand in Ferit losing custody of Bulut drives her over to his house. She has decided to tell him the truth. She finds him sitting outside drinking his signature whiskey. Ferit is surprised at her visit, and thinking she is there to comfort him asks her to sit down. She says she is there to talk and he needs to just listen to her before he gets too drunk. She sits down and Ferit pours her a drink. He tells her that she is good, kind-hearted, thoughtful, caring and honest. She starts to confess Ausman's involvement but he interrupts her, telling her he is sorry for leaving her at the courthouse without saying a word. Nazli responds that it doesn't matter. He had every right to be upset after seeing those photographs and the consequences they caused. Ferit tells her that she is the most innocent one in this whole mess and apologizes to her again for dragging her into it. Nazli takes a healthy swig of her whiskey (for courage). Ferit warns her that she should not drink anymore as she really doesn't tolerate alcohol well.

With the courage the alcohol gave her then, Nazli asks him now how he could believe that about her. He tells her he doesn't trust women. He thinks the worst of women because women lie and laugh in your face. They play you so they can get close to you. When they get your heart, they deceive you and screw you over. But he quickly says he knows now that she would never do that. Wiping a tear from her cheek, she tells him that she is like all the other women, capable of telling lies and keeping secrets.

Nazli finally gets up from the couch and tells Ferit she has forgotten why she came. He gets up too and comes to stand in front of her. Once she looks into his eyes, Nazli admits she remembers now why she came. Ferit grabs her hand, steps closer to her, and says that it doesn't matter but Nazli says that it does. He places his hand to her cheek, stares into her eyes then lowers his gaze to her lips.

Knowing he is about to kiss her, Nazli whispers, "This can't happen". Ferit simply replies, "It can" and slowly lowers his mouth to hers. Nazli raises her lips to meet his and they share an amazing first kiss. Cautiously at first like he is tasting her, the kiss quickly changes into a deeper, more passionate kiss as Ferit drinks her in. With the alcohol giving her courage, Nazli returns his kiss and releases all of her pent-up feelings. They share several passionate kisses as the full moon shines down on them. 

**********

**********

This episode guide is written and inspired by the characters of the "Dolunay" series. All photos, videos and characters belong to their rightful owners.

Written exclusively for Can Yaman International by Sue Croft.

Edited by Mary Bloyd, Resident Editor for Can Yaman International.