Episode Guide for "Dolunay" ("Full Moon"): Episode #9

At the end of Episode #8:  Knowing Nazli is lying, Ferit recounts the evening for her. "We were both sad after the court's decision and you came over to support me." Nazli replied, "Yes, I came but I don't remember anything else after that." To cover her nervousness, she continues to ramble on saying, "My mother said if you don't remember something, it means that it wasn't that important." Ferit gets up from the couch and moves over to Nazli's chair. He sits down on the table in front of it so he can face her and offers to help her remember. 

********** 

(Author's Note:  Please read through the entire episode, leave your comments, and don't forget to vote. Thank you!)

Everyone meets up at Deniz's bar in the evening. Aliya takes the stage and publicly announces to Deniz that she is still in love with him. Deniz is angry. He doesn't want Nazli to get the wrong impression that he and Aliya are still together. Deniz tells Ferit he is over Aliya and wants to move forward with something new and looks directly at Nazli before he turns and walks out of the bar. Ferit catches that glance and looks between Nazli and Deniz, trying to figure out if there is something between them. Nazli watches Deniz leave but has little interest in the drama. Ferit downs his whiskey and asks Nazli what she thinks. She seems bored when she replies, "This is life, maybe they will try again in the future." Ferit looks relieved at her answer since it's obvious Nazli only sees Deniz as a friend.

The next morning, Nazli confesses to Fatos that she kissed Ferit in the garden but warns her not to get excited about it. It is impossible that they will ever be together. She confesses she claimed she didn't remember anything to Ferit, but now he is doing everything in his power to make her remember. She says he is always around her wanting to talk but she is avoiding him. She wants Fatos to go with her to Ferit's house so he cannot get her alone. Fatos agrees but warns Nazli that if Ferit wants to talk, she will definitely leave her alone with him.

Moments later when Nazli and Fatos arrive at Ferit's house, Nazli thinks he is gone. But he walks into the kitchen. Nazli comically pulls Fatos to her and tells Ferit she is going to teach her some cooking skills. Ferit sees right through the charade but shows little interest, mutters "good luck" and leaves. Fatos wonders aloud if Nazli spoke the truth about his interest in her and says Nazli cannot tell Ferit the truth about the documents. Nazli replies that if she avoids him long enough, he will give up and leave her alone. Since it is obvious Ferit will not return any time soon, Fatos leaves.

Aliya and Deniz have an argument about Nazli. She claims that Nazli and Ferit are in love with each other, but Deniz says she is talking bullshit. She says he is in denial, that Nazli only sees him as a friend. He is livid and throws her out of the apartment. Ferit is standing at the door when Aliya opens it to leave. She looks crushed and tells him Deniz is in love with someone else and that he even wrote a song for her. When he asks who, she tells him to go and ask him. Ferit climbs the stairs to the loft apartment and Deniz is surprised to see him. While he is fixing them coffee, Ferit sees the song Deniz is writing laying on the desk. He flips it over and sees it is named "Nazli 'ya" and flips it face down again.

Ferit talks to Deniz about the new song he is writing and asks who he wrote it for. Deniz says he's not ready to say because it isn't finished yet. But when the time is right, he will play it somewhere where everyone will hear it. It will be a confession of love. Ferit navigates this tricky situation with skill. He loves Deniz and doesn't want to see him hurt. He suggests that Deniz think that through so he doesn't do something he will regret later. Deniz is super-sensitive and believes he will have a classic happy ending when he announces his feelings for this "secret" love. Ferit seems uncomfortable and makes up an excuse to leave.

When Ferit gets back to the office, he tells Engin that Deniz is in love with Nazli. Engin assumed they were just friends. Ferit tells him Nazli also considers Deniz just a friend. Engin voices concern that since Deniz is an emotional man, he may suffer a lot once he finds out. Ferit agrees. Engin then turns the topic to Ferit's own situation with Nazli. Ferit says she continues to escape so he will stop pursuing her after he tries one more time to talk to her. If nothing happens then, he will close the page himself. Engin asks why he thinks Nazli is trying to escape. Ferit says he doesn't know. Maybe there is something Nazli is afraid to tell him. But either way, it will end tonight.